Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 10:52 AM

Re: Mp`s want to relax vaping laws in public places

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do they smell? I have never noticed it.
It sure does Longy.
The thing is that nowadays they come in all sorts of flavours and smells...

The ghastly smell

It’s wrong to say it doesn’t matter because it’s better than smoking. Of course it is. But those vapour plumes have a horrid stench all of they’re own.
And have you seen the size of some of these E Cigarets?
Some are as big as a gun!

Part dry-ice smell and often flavoured, they really are quite disgusting in their own right.

https://metro.co.uk/2014/11/19/the-5...aping-4953458/

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 11:06 AM

When they can produce proof that vaping is not dangerous to health, that is when they should allow them to be used in pubs, or any other place where other people congregate. Look how long it took them to remove cigarettes from public places!

Less people smoke now, because they cannot smoke indoors when socializing, so it obviously had a good effect for many.
I do feel sorry for smokers but, if they want to stop, the only thing that will help them do so...is their own willpower, not prescriptions for something that they have not yet proved to be totally safe
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 11:08 AM

This subject's a bit of a non starter now isn't it?
Smokers of cigarettes can't smoke in public .. and so the witch hunters have switched to vaping and e-cigarettes. Big yawn.

If vaping is banned in public it is purely because people don't like cigarettes.
When they see someone chewing nicotine gum do they quail and shudder in horror at the emotional trauma they experience by associating it with real cigarettes?
No.
It's the vapour. Which is just vapour not smoke.

Should it be banned in public? No. Why? Name one good reason.
What are we really talking about here? People you happen to see when you go out who you find disagreeable for one reason or another?
The fat person? The person with body odour? The vaper.
I'm more nervous walking through a group of loud and boisterous young adults standing drinking beer out of cans than a vaper.
Should we have a law preventing anyone slightly tipsy from walking on the street?

Should it be available on prescription?
On balance, probably not. If smoking fags is an addiction it could be said it's helping them break their addiction but anyone who smokes fags and does the switch can afford to do it .. with money over. The NHS has more pressing health concerns to spend their hard strapped cash on.

There, glad I dealt with all that ... it must be a slow day today if we're back to banging away about e-cigarettes.

Now, as a vaper/smoker I'm hard pressed now to decide which to engage in with my morning cuppa.
Hmm .. the minty vaper I think.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Vapers have a certain air about them (stinky), no I mean they sort of pose and hold their thingies with a flourish, a bit like cigar smokers used to.

My poinking digit twitches when I see one!
Yeh, I do that ... only horizontally. I often have a 10 minute siesta on the bed to de-stress .. and just elegantly lie back blowing vapour rings.

Used to do that with ciggies but they got so expensive I couldn't waste the smoke anymore and had to inhale it all.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
When they can produce proof that vaping is not dangerous to health, that is when they should allow them to be used in pubs, or any other place where other people congregate. Look how long it took them to remove cigarettes from public places!
Erm .. I'm going to disagree with you here.
When they can produce proof that vaping is not dangerous to health?
Whose health? The vaper? Or second hand vaping?
Alcohol can be dangerous to the drinkers health yet they are allowed in pubs.
As a reason for banning vaping in public places that is a nonstarter.
We might as well ban anyone on prescribed medication with side effects whilst we're at it. And heavy drinkers and fat people in case they influence the rest of us to eat and drink to excess. Are they a health risk too?

Show me a totally chemical free food or drink that is NOT detrimental to the person in any way and I will show you ... an eternally youthful perfect specimen of a man/or woman.
Along with a load of empty pubs, clubs and coffee houses.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Erm .. I'm going to disagree with you here.
When they can produce proof that vaping is not dangerous to health?
Whose health? The vaper? Or second hand vaping?
Alcohol can be dangerous to the drinkers health yet they are allowed in pubs.
As a reason for banning vaping in public places that is a nonstarter.
We might as well ban anyone on prescribed medication with side effects whilst we're at it. And heavy drinkers and fat people in case they influence the rest of us to eat and drink to excess. Are they a health risk too?

Show me a totally chemical free food or drink that is NOT detrimental to the person in any way and I will show you ... an eternally youthful perfect specimen of a man/or woman.
Along with a load of empty pubs, clubs and coffee houses.
As I understood it Morty, they already are banned in many places.
My thoughts on them being unsafe were based on the fact that, if people are allowed to use them freely & they later find they are unsafe, ( as they did with cigarettes) society would have to go through the same procedure again!
They knew that cigarettes caused cancer & heart disease many years before they tried to stop people smoking....and they only did it then because people had sussed how much money they were making. in tax on cigarettes!
I just think that , for the benefit of those who use them, greater research should be done, in case people believe they are safe if they can use them in public!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 12:24 PM

I think it is a crazy idea to relax the vaping laws. They seem to produce more smoke than regular cigarettes and smell awful.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 12:38 PM

I just don't see the point in vaping. Just stop smoking. End of.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Yeh, I do that ... only horizontally. I often have a 10 minute siesta on the bed to de-stress .. and just elegantly lie back blowing vapour rings.

Used to do that with ciggies but they got so expensive I couldn't waste the smoke anymore and had to inhale it all.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Can I just point out it’s not smoke, it’s vapour, same as what comes out of a kettle

They are at least 95% safer then cigarettes for the user, there’s no reports of any passive breathing in problems

I vape and I vape in public as we don’t have the same restrictions here as the UK

I’m at this moment vaping in the canteen in work I asked my colleagues if they minded, not one does as the e cig I use doesn’t let out huge clouds of vapour and the fluid I use doesn’t smell

They are not cigarettes and they shouldn’t be lumped into the same bracket

I am not a smoker and I shouldn’t have to go and cape in the smoking area and breathe in second hand smoke which we all know is as dangerous as actually smoking

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top