Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:33 AM

Don't flush disposable contact lenses .

i don't wear contacts of any sort so I am unfamiliar with them but If you flush your disposable contact lenses down the loo it makes them a major disaster for the environment .
They do not dissolve they float on the top of sewage by the millions and are so tiny they are spread on the land with fertiliser .They are then washed down to the sea to cause damage there by getting into the food chain.
They are an environmental no no.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 07:45 AM

Re: Don't flush disposable contact lenses .

I didn't even know there were such things as 'disposable' lenses - but certainly such things should not be flushed down the lavatory. It amazes me what people do flush away without a thought for where it ends up!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 11:38 AM

I don't use them any more but I think I used to bin them. Yuk! The thought of all those 'eyes' down in the sewer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:04 PM

It's a shame we don't have any official guidance on what not to flush down the loo. I'm sure people flush all sorts down there.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top