Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Re: Would your neighbours lend you milk, sugar etc. if you ran out.

Yes, and it works both ways.
Yesterday our neighbour's son-in-law had to be taken to A&E.
My dear wife knew that the neighbour would be stressed, out most of the day and exhausted when she got home. Mrs B cooked dinner for her.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:38 AM

I always ensure we never run out of essentials. If one of the neighbours asked if they could have some milk etc, I would supply them with it wanting nothing in return.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 12:37 PM

My next door neighbour once asked to borrow a tin opener and I never got it back. Had to buy a replacement myself. Tut.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Yes, my neighbours would lend me anything, and I would do the same with them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My nearest neighbours are horses from the local Equestrian Centre. I'm sure i could borrow anything from them as i "lend" them carrots now and then. Never get them back though.
Lucky you! I'd love to live next door to an Equestrian centre.

Most of my neighbours would lend me stuff if I ran out, but I'd never ask my next door attached neighbours, we aren't speaking.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Lucky you! I'd love to live next door to an Equestrian centre.

Most of my neighbours would lend me stuff if I ran out, but I'd never ask my next door attached neighbours, we aren't speaking.
Sorry to read that Tiff. We had a massive row with our neighbours once, over a fence. It cleared the air, and with all the shouting we ended up in fits of laughter. We are all very close now.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sorry to read that Tiff. We had a massive row with our neighbours once, over a fence. It cleared the air, and with all the shouting we ended up in fits of laughter. We are all very close now.
Don't think the air will ever be cleared between my neighbours & us. He said some very hurtful things & threatened us with the authorities just because we had our van on our drive for a few weeks, it's usually kept at my daughters, but her neighbours were having their roof done, hence why it was here. He wouldn't listen as to why it was there & made me so mad. I doubt we'll ever speak again, this happened in March & the van has been back several times. He just glares at us. Stupid man!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:38 PM

I wouldn't ask.
My old neighbours, before I moved wondered why I never asked for help with my garden or moving stuff. I think it would have been nice if they'd noticed that I needed help.
If folk don't offer I don't ask. That way I owe nothing.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-09-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Don't think the air will ever be cleared between my neighbours & us. He said some very hurtful things & threatened us with the authorities just because we had our van on our drive for a few weeks, it's usually kept at my daughters, but her neighbours were having their roof done, hence why it was here. He wouldn't listen as to why it was there & made me so mad. I doubt we'll ever speak again, this happened in March & the van has been back several times. He just glares at us. Stupid man!
Their loss Tiff, as I know you are a lovely person.
I always say to myself, they will need me, before I will need them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:45 PM

I can't imagine I would ever run out of essential like milk and sugar. It's all about being organised isn't it?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top