Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:38 PM

Re: It's That Time of Year Again! Arachnids!

Has anyone seen that hew advert for the Royal marines?

OMG!

Seriously, don't watch this if you don't like spiders. No I mean it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JPj8RjZRE
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
OMG I would wet myself having to do that!!!!

How do you know it was a he????
He was in the kitchen.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:41 PM

If you want to live and thrive
Let a spider run ALIVE.

They dont do any harm,though I have heard on people being bit by them,their is no proof it wa s spider bite.
Quick way to get rid of them.put a cup/glass over one then slide a card,/stiff paper in between and knock the spider into the container and place card over top, soit cant get out , then tip it out in the garden EEZY
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
OMG I would wet myself having to do that!!!!

How do you know it was a he????
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
He was in the kitchen.
Oh ... I thought you were going to say one of his legs was considerably shorter than the others.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh ... I thought you were going to say one of his legs was considerably shorter than the others.
Haha

You're on form ce soir Mademoiselle Cochon!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-09-2018, 07:44 PM

9 legs
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
If you want to live and thrive
Let a spider run ALIVE.

They dont do any harm,though I have heard on people being bit by them,their is no proof it wa s spider bite.
Quick way to get rid of them.put a cup/glass over one then slide a card,/stiff paper in between and knock the spider into the container and place card over top, soit cant get out , then tip it out in the garden EEZY
In the past I have thrown out big spiders and they are on their way back in straight away. Some are very fast.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
9 legs
Hee..hee ... something like that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:48 PM

I had a close call one night. Imagine .. I'm asleep and rouse because something bothersome is tickling my face. I sleepily swatted at it , it felt soft and squashy. Tickling stopped. Job done. Went back to sleep.
Next morning I found a dead spider with a big fat glob of a hairy body about the size of a 10 pence piece lying dead on the floor.
Thank goodness I wasn't asleep with my mouth open Imagine waking with all those legs stuck in my teeth.

The same thing happened to my son too, Morty.
He said he felt it tickling his face during the night.

I also remember last winter I picked my pillow up to squash it about, and a big fat spider had been sitting underneath it - I'd been laying on it and never knew.

I have looked under my pillow every night before i get into bed since!

I am finding a lot of those thin, whispy ones at the mo, those ones with legs no thicker than a hair. I don't mind them so much, it's the big black, thicked legged ones that run at 90 mph I don't like.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:52 PM

Jem once told me a little story, about a spider that lived in his shed.
One day it lost a leg, so very carefully he cut a bristle from a paintbrush and stuck it on the said spider.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top