Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 05:57 PM

Re: Email Provider

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I use fastmail.com as my email account along with gmail for junk mail. If you buy computer software, magazines or hardware and give an email address I always use my gmail address. Those suckers sell your email address and you start getting tons of junk mail, spam. I now use a Mac computer exclusively which is much less prone to computer virus attack. All that junk mail can be selected at once and sent to the trash bin.
Thats what I do as well Bob. l learnt it the hard way when I had a Trojan on the computer which I could not get rid of despite having security etc. somebody was using my Outlook email address to send spam! Eventually I got black listed and my emails got blocked and I ended up having to change internet provider. Since then, touch wood! all has been fine. I now use gmail for anything I register online with so that's where the spam goes and I use Outlook for friends and family. I did this around 3 years ago and don't get any spam in Outlook at all

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top