Join for free
Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 02:33 PM

Re: Why do some members only post in one area?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I was rubbish!
It was a very slack time....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
As a member of 6 years++ & a poster with almost 6000 notches,, it has never crossed my mind to spread myself around on more than 2 or 3 subjects
I find the whole site is Cliquey, in a good way!

It's not possible to cruise the whole site, tho some try.

(mods excepted, they are bionic).

It's not possible to know everybody, so what's wrong with keeping to a limited section of over50s.

Final point, I can't be alone in thinking how articulate & intelligent are some posters, I simply have nothing to offer in politics and science.

PS, I do squirm when reading some of the personal jibes in some quarters, respect please.

Ditto
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Ditto
Thanks

you SHALL go to tHe BALL..........
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
For instance, there are a lot of people who have only ever been seen on the political threads. They don't have any input on the various general and friendlier threads at all.

Likewise, there may be a daily 'Good morning' from a couple of people then they are gone for the day.

And the bloke who only pops in to talk about his unicycle

I don't post in all the forums as gardening and cats don't interest me but I think I post in a few different areas and enjoy a conversation with many people.

Why are some members so rigidly militant in their postings?
I don't even look at the vast majority of threads as they are so deliberately badly titled (so as not to give a clue what they are about - thus defeating the object of titles).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You don't want to know.

I'll just say that they are sometimes required in the adult film industry.

I'm surprised that Ruthio know what one is, still waters run deep eh?
I'm not.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 06:09 PM

In defence of ruthio and the knowing about fluffers we had a long very funny thread once where fluffing was explored and explained. Can't for life of me remember what it started as but we went round and round and ended up having a right laugh. Threads used to go like that at one time, sadly they usually end in acrimony these days. Bring back the fluffer comments I say and have a laugh.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 06:12 PM

Equally, the people who post on serious or, the Brexit threads, might wonder why others stick to the flimsy, mundane threads.
We can’t all like the same subjects.
I say, leave them be, it’s a free country and whatever floats their boat.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 07:19 PM

Bring back the fluffers!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I don't even look at the vast majority of threads as they are so deliberately badly titled (so as not to give a clue what they are about - thus defeating the object of titles).
Try reading the first post... that usually explains what it is all about!

Very often films have misleading titles, but that doesn't stop people going to see them
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:17 PM

Is being a fluffer like being a Beatle, and a poinker a Stone?
The words seem to fit.....

Page 18 of 22 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top