Join for free
Page 19 of 22 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:20 PM

Re: Why do some members only post in one area?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Try reading the first post... that usually explains what it is all about!

Very often films have misleading titles, but that doesn't stop people going to see them
Threads aren't films. They are more like articles/reports in newspapers. You don't get newspapers full of titles saying things like, Well I Never, You'll Never Guess What I Did Today?
Who Would Have Thought, Donald Trump, Teresa May and Have You Ever? etc

Geddit now, Twinkle?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
As a member of 6 years++ & a poster with almost 6000 notches,, it has never crossed my mind to spread myself around on more than 2 or 3 subjects
I find the whole site is Cliquey, in a good way!

It's not possible to cruise the whole site, tho some try.

(mods excepted, they are bionic).

It's not possible to know everybody, so what's wrong with keeping to a limited section of over50s.

Final point, I can't be alone in thinking how articulate & intelligent are some posters, I simply have nothing to offer in politics and science.

PS, I do squirm when reading some of the personal jibes in some quarters, respect please.
Well said.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Is being a fluffer like being a Beatle, and a poinker a Stone?
The words seem to fit.....
A fluffer a beatle and a poinker what an interesting story that could make
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Threads aren't films. They are more like articles/reports in newspapers. You don't get newspapers full of titles saying things like, Well I Never, You'll Never Guess What I Did Today?

Geddit now, Twinkle?
But they aren't news papers or articles either some are for fun and some are just written as people would speak. More like conversations. You wouldn't expect a proper title when you start chatting you'd expect you'll never guess etc.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In defence of ruthio and the knowing about fluffers we had a long very funny thread once where fluffing was explored and explained. Can't for life of me remember what it started as but we went round and round and ended up having a right laugh. Threads used to go like that at one time, sadly they usually end in acrimony these days. Bring back the fluffer comments I say and have a laugh.
I agree. I enjoy good (and rude) humour, and I'm intrigued as to what that thread was really like.

Were there pictures?

I'd love to learn just what 'fluffers' actually do... Ruthio!

Is the thread still on this forum?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Equally, the people who post on serious or, the Brexit threads, might wonder why others stick to the flimsy, mundane threads.
We can’t all like the same subjects.
I say, leave them be, it’s a free country and whatever floats their boat.
I like to post on the light-hearted and frivolous threads too to wash off all the poison and bile I've picked up from the serious threads.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Bring back the fluffers!
I prefer my pillows to be soft and comfy thank-you very much, not stiff and unyielding.

That's not a euphemism BTW.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I prefer my pillows to be soft and comfy thank-you very much, not stiff and unyielding.

That's not a euphemism BTW.
I like mine hard.

Pillows, of course.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

Geddit now, Twinkle?
No I don't Gravitas, perhaps you could send some newspapers whose headlines aren't designed to encourage people to read more, by saying ridiculous things !

Why don't we have a poll to see how many people don't understand thread titles & can't be bothered reading a few sentences to find out. There may be more than you who suffer this problem of having no sense of humour!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-04-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No I don't Gravitas, perhaps you could send some newspapers whose headlines aren't designed to encourage people to read more, by saying ridiculous things !

Why don't we have a poll to see how many people don't understand thread titles & can't be bothered reading a few sentences to find out. There may be more than you who suffer this problem of having no sense of humour!
I always find I get a clue by which part of the forum things are posted in, but takes just a moment to read part of first post to see if it's of interest to me.

I always like to think we are having conversations and that means we all have characters so posts should be a bit individual. we aren't writing a newspaper report where we have to be stilted and unbiased. It would be nice if personal insults were not included but they say more about the person saying them than the recipient IMO

Page 19 of 22 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top