Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:10 AM

Nigel Farage - Do you trust him?

A rare foray into the politics section for me, but it's a simple question, so I'm within my depth

Generally, would you trust Nigel Farage if he were in a position of power in the UK?

IMO, he has some radical and forthright views and he's the sort of chap who looks like he wants to get things done and he enjoys a pint more than a glass of Pimms, but there's that slightly dangerous factor about him doing something stupid and reckless.

Could he solve Brexit? Could he run the country any better than may or Corbyn?

Thoughts please

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 04:03 AM

Re: Nigel Farage - Do you trust him?

I listen to him on the radio sometimes. Comes up looking good regardless of what he says or does. I can't see him running the country. He has said he does not want to. It's always easier to criticise others than do it yourself.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 04:26 AM

I listen to his show sometimes on LBC
He does have some good ideas and is a forthright speaker.
But l do wonder what he would be like in a position of power.

I mean, would he be honest and trustworthy like our current MPs and Prime Minister.
Did you see what I did there?

I did listen to him today interviewing Alastair Campbell and he was fudging it a little.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:33 AM

I trust anyone who you can have a laugh with, whilst your going down the Pan.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:36 AM

He's a pillock.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:45 AM

I would not trust him with a bucket of S*** to the end of the street
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:51 AM

Smarmy little racist, fascist git!!! - I wouldn't urinate on him if he were on fire.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Smarmy little racist, fascist git!!! - I wouldn't urinate on him if he were on fire.
That's a NO then Joe....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 08:17 AM

Farage represents the vox populi.

Would I trust him in high office? I would trust him as an honest man which I believe him to be, but I would not want to see him in any of the UK Great Offices of State.

However considering the present incumbents a less suitable bunch would be hard to imagine other than any of the Labour lot.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 08:20 AM

Yes I would I listen to him whenever I can on LBC last night he was forthright about what he really wants for the country and it pretty much matches what many of us want I thought, even UJ has expressed the same ideas he had at various times in debates. He seems to understand how to speak publicly and diplomatically when needed. He'd be an asset to the government and yes I think he could be a decent PM to get the country back on it's feet.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top