Join for free
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 11:00 PM

Re: Theresa May to Make A Statement Soon

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Now you are crossing into anarchy and revolution. Nobody voted for that. You can say they did because it seems Brexit can be twisted into any origami shape, but nobody voted for chaos or a "new order".
So who do you blame for that?
Politicians?
Surely not the remainiacs?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 11:14 PM

Now you are crossing into anarchy and revolution. Nobody voted for that. You can say they did because it seems Brexit can be twisted into any origami shape, but nobody voted for chaos or a "new order".
If history teaches us anything, it's that once a critical mass of dissenters has been reached, public unrest to the point of civil war often soon follows.

The UK populace have been constantly bombarded from both sides of the fence for a few years now, as we are all painfully aware and are utterly sick and tired of the whole sordid affair, and tempers are starting to flare.

I'm concerned, as indeed we all should be, that things may soon get out of hand. TBH, I'm surprised they haven't already.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
If history teaches us anything, it's that once a critical mass of dissenters has been reached, public unrest to the point of civil war often soon follows.

The UK populace have been constantly bombarded from both sides of the fence for a few years now, as we are all painfully aware and are utterly sick and tired of the whole sordid affair, and tempers are starting to flare.

I'm concerned, as indeed we all should be, that things may soon get out of hand. TBH, I'm surprised they haven't already.
You're right, and I have said so before now.

Riots? Quite likely if things don't improve soon.

Revolution? Doubtful, but possible. Just possible.

Whatever happens, one person in particular will be remembered when historians discuss the cause.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

History is not relevant at all in this situation. It's a purely "plastic" revolution. It's not that the people who beleave in this fervently are on the bread line or oppressed in any "let them eat cake" way. The tempers are merely being stirred up by well thought through propaganda. I have a journalist friend who had it confirmed that there was a huge artificial twist on the mass media just before the vote. It's various elite pressing the right buttons for their own agenda. Politics & democracy have always been about nobody getting what they want. Compromise is not about individual interest.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're right, and I have said so before now.

Riots? Quite likely if things don't improve soon.

Revolution? Doubtful, but possible. Just possible.

Whatever happens, one person in particular will be remembered when historians discuss the cause.
Riots about what exactly?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-04-2019, 11:30 PM

So who do you blame for that?
Politicians?
Surely not the remainiacs?
I don't blame anyone JBR. I just want Britain to be a success rather than the laughing stock you may have noticed we have become.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 08:22 AM

I don't blame anyone JBR. I just want Britain to be a success rather than the laughing stock you may have noticed we have become.
We are a laughing stock because of Brexit itself - the added parliamentary shenanigans has just added to it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-04-2019, 09:51 AM

We are a laughing stock because of one thing: May.

She has fannied about for three years now and achieved nothing. She is a joke, and the EU bureaucrats are laughing at her... and us.

If she had respected the referendum outcome at the time, played Article 50, and immediately began to put in place all the necessary provisions for leaving and trading under WTO rules, we would be fully prepared by now.

We could have left, be trading under WTO rules and then, only then, ask the EU for a trade deal.

They would have agreed without any quibbling because they are fully aware that we import more from them than we export to them. German industry and French farmers would have made them do so.

That is what Maggie would have done: our best PM in my memory.

Of course, that was completely impossible for May to do for two reasons: she is incompetent; she is no doubt corrupt and works for the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:52 AM

May should tell the country how much a 12 month extension would cost (about 16 billion) including the money needed to participate in the elections. We would only be in the position we are now anyway just further down the road and would it be better to leave with no deal and instead spend the money on police the NHS and welfare ?

An extension to end June would be even worse because we would spend about £100 million on elections where we won't even appoint MEPs into the EU Parliament.

She should inform the tax payer how much of our money she is "spaffing up the wall".
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-04-2019, 10:07 AM

We are a laughing stock because of one thing: May.

She has fannied about for three years now and achieved nothing. She is a joke, and the EU bureaucrats are laughing at her... and us.

If she had respected the referendum outcome at the time, played Article 50, and immediately began to put in place all the necessary provisions for leaving and trading under WTO rules, we would be fully prepared by now.

We could have left, be trading under WTO rules and then, only then, ask the EU for a trade deal.

They would have agreed without any quibbling because they are fully aware that we import more from them than we export to them. German industry and French farmers would have made them do so.

That is what Maggie would have done: our best PM in my memory.

Of course, that was completely impossible for May to do for two reasons: she is incompetent; she is no doubt corrupt and works for the EU.
We are a laughing stock because nobody can agree on what Brexit means Brexit means.

Whatever happens someone will be unhappy. The only solution right now is to have a long extension until we figure out a compromise. TM should have asked Parliament what they wanted before going into the negotiations. She should have delayed Article 50 until she was sure they were agreed. But no, she was too afraid to do that.

Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top