Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 02:06 PM

Bafta Awards

Although I didn't watch it (why should I want to?), the annual Bafta Awards were televised last night in what is the usual self-congratulatory look at us aren't we great slapping each other on the back feste. This morning's papers are full of it too with the BBC again crowing about how they trounced everyone else especially in the drama categories.

Once again, the obligatory Red Carpet display of people trying to outdo each other in the glamour stakes with the most expensive/revealing haute couture gowns on display.

Nauseating.

Any other opinions on this annual carbuncle to counter-act my jaded one?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 02:13 PM

Re: Bafta Awards

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Although I didn't watch it (why should I want to?), the annual Bafta Awards were televised last night in what is the usual self-congratulatory look at us aren't we great slapping each other on the back feste. This morning's papers are full of it too with the BBC again crowing about how they trounced everyone else especially in the drama categories.

Once again, the obligatory Red Carpet display of people trying to outdo each other in the glamour stakes with the most expensive/revealing haute couture gowns on display.

Nauseating.

Not from me. They should call it the Brown Nose awards. Generally not clever people, pretending to be someone else for a living.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 02:17 PM

Didn't watch it - didn't even realise it was on!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Nauseating.

Not from me .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 04:06 PM

If there's one series I'll be avoiding this year it's 'Years and Years' starring Emma Thompson. After her embarrassing pink boat stunt in London, I just can't bear the thought of her accepting a Hoity Toity, luvvy award at next year's Baftas.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 04:54 PM

Hi

I avoid Celebs like the Plague.

Except, of course, for a certain Ms Kidman.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I avoid Celebs like the Plague.

Except, of course, for a certain Ms Kidman.
Sorry swims, she’s married to Kieth urban,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-05-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have always wondered if he lives in town.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Hi

I can still dream.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I can still dream.
Well, swims, these celeb marriages don’t seem to last long, there may be hope for you yet...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top