Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Re: Tory party - no hard BREXIT.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The vision of our future outside the EU depends on the skill and ability of our Politicians.

The present bunch have been kicked into touch by an aging drunkard, Juncker.

I simply do not trust any of the present bunch to do any better.
There isn't the political will in parliament to deliver on our decision. I don't think p1ss head Juncker has anything to do with it really.

If parliament wanted us to leave we would be out now.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There isn't the political will in parliament to deliver on our decision. I don't think p1ss head Juncker has anything to do with it really.

If parliament wanted us to leave we would be out now.
i

This is where we disagree.

Juncker has a lot to do with it, he rolled us over.

If our useless bunch of idiots had got a deal which we were happy with, we would have left by now.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That scenario seems over the top Joe, but the 5th column within our own Parliament must take the full blame for something such as a prorogue of Parliament even being thought of. They should hang their heads in shame because it ip with s through their perverse action in trying to thwart Brexit, that has resulted in such an extraordinary plan of action from Raab in order to get Brexit implemented as per the result of the Referendum.
I think we have had enough of belly aching, whinging, mourning about Parliament to last a life time. Some one must have voted for them FFS.

It's about time you brexiters came up with solutions.

May I suggest one REVOKE ARTICLE 50 because as we are now it is costing us and will cost us a bloody fortune.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
May I suggest one REVOKE ARTICLE 50 because as we are now it is costing us and will cost us a bloody fortune.
Please don't!! Try to make it on your own for some time. If you succeed we have gained a trading partner we can profit from. If you don't we'll have you back without the pound, the rabate and within schengen. Which ever way, we win.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I think we have had enough of belly aching, whinging, mourning about Parliament to last a life time. Some one must have voted for them FFS.

It's about time you brexiters came up with solutions.

Hi

Yes it will cost us a fortune, but that is not the point.##It is only costing us a fortune because of the stupidity of the Political Elite.

I will happily pay more tax to sort it out.

What I will not have is my vote being ignored by the Political Elite.

There is a reality to this.

I have Pensions to protect.

I will be saying naff all about the specifics until December, then they are no longer under threat and I will let rip.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 03:41 PM

I will be saying naff all about the specifics until December, then they are no longer under threat and I will let rip.
You fear someone on this forum could threaten your pension? Wow!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 03:57 PM

My pension is in Switzerland..
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You are deluding yourself if you think troubled EU countries are making national decisions for themselves. Bail out arrangements have meant that austerity measures have been forced upon them.......Greece is the classic example.

All the while German and French banks are making £billions in profit from the bailout financing.

The rise of the populist right across the EU is the answer to your question.

Yes, the people of Europe are unhappy.

We are lucky in the UK in that we are a large nation with a large , diverse economy and that we can hold our own outside he EU,

Smaller, nations like Greece, Croatia, Hungary wouldn't survive the backlash the EU would bestow upon them and so, in effect, they are trapped in an Empire that won't allow them to survive if they left.
Yes some of the people are unhappy however since the Brexit Levels of support for the EU have gone up in 26 of the bloc’s 28 member countries
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 06:23 PM

Hi

Yes it will cost us a fortune, but that is not the point.##It is only costing us a fortune because of the stupidity of the Political Elite.

I will happily pay more tax to sort it out.

What I will not have is my vote being ignored by the Political Elite.

There is a reality to this.

We don’t need to increase taxes, just reduce the burden of the taxpayer subsidising enhanced benefits on public sector pensions . That would free up some 26 billion a year to be spent on public services
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-06-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
We don’t need to increase taxes, just reduce the burden of the taxpayer subsidising enhanced benefits on public sector pensions . That would free up some 26 billion a year to be spent on public services
Hi

It depends what sort of Public Sector Pensions you are talking about.

Some were fully funded until Blair and Brown raided them.

Mine were in fact, in surplus.

Because I was contracted out, I do not get the Full State Pension.

I, like many others, paid in extra, AVCs, additional voluntary contributions.

If, on your logic, only fully funded pensions where left alone, the State Pension would be hugely reduced as well.

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top