Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 04:49 PM

Re: Still not going well for Brexit is it???

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I really pity you if you think what you do or have done makes you a superior person. Your arrogance is unbelievable.

You claim it’s all about democracy when our own parliamentary system in no more democratic the the EU as demonstrated but the current debacle.

I couldn’t care less what you think of me as it’s clear from you constant boasting it that you really only care about is your pension which is in part derived from inflated benefits funded by tax contributions from others, many of whom cannot even afford their own pensions.

Yes I’m fortunate to have a good income but I care about the social inequalities and injustices in our society. However, it is our own successive governments and their policies who have brought this about, not the EU although they are by no means perfect either. Leaving the EU will not fix the problems in our society it will likely exacerbate it
Hi

You miss the basics.

You have never been in the front line, yet you propose cutting the Pensions of those who have.

A simple question?

Have you have ever been shot, stabbed or blown up?

Ever been abroad to protect your family?

Ever put yourself in the Frontline?

Have you lost the sight in one eye or been struggling to walk?

Ever been chucked on the scrapheap because of that?

Answers please, or shut up.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You miss the basics.

You have never been in the front line, yet you propose cutting the Pensions of those who have.

A simple question?

I can understand you have strong feelings on this subject. My son jumped this morning from C47 drag em oot to commemorate his brave forbears who did this jump 75 years ago. So I can feel with you on this.
But by these standards we cannot have an opinion on politicians who do not perform their jobs properly because we ourselves have not been in parliament. But whereas I cannot have high regards for your politicians, I have the highest regards for these men and women who put their health and lives on the line for us. At the very least some differentiation between professions should be made by banchory. I hope he can agree with this.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
On what ? Trade deals that don't exist ?

You sound like a child.

I obviously have to spell it out, I'll try and make it simple for you.

Here we go, are you sitting comfortable?

Where is the evidence that France and Germany are advantaged in EU trade deals.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 06:35 PM

Hi

You miss the basics.

A simple question?

Does any of that, swims, make what a person says correct?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I obviously have to spell it out, I'll try and make it simple for you.

Here we go, are you sitting comfortable?

Read them

It doesn't get simpler than that
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 10:40 PM

Sorry, there isn't, itsme. First of all the EU thinks and functions in terms of EU citizens, not french, german, dutch. But I've found a text that reflect the current standard.

Benefits of EU trade to consumers
The academic literature highlights three main benefits from trade, of which two directly and one
indirectly contribute to benefit European consumers and their welfare:
1. Decrease in prices for the same range of goods (direct);
2. Increase in the variety of products (direct);
3. Increase in the growth rate (indirect).
The increased competition engendered by FTAs decreases the price of goods, as new and larger imports
incentivise EU firms to adjust their price policy and make their production more efficient and thus less
costly. For example, they can invest more in research and development (R&D). Therefore, the creation
of FTAs could in certain cases raise consumer purchasing power.8 Furthermore, FTAs can help to break
monopolies, also leading to a decrease in product prices. The larger variety of products available in the EU is due to increased trade flows. This benefit of trade
gives consumers the opportunity to choose from a larger pool of quantitative and qualitative factors for
the same sort of goods. On these grounds, the economic gain for the average EU consumer is in the
range of €600 per year in the EU.
The FTAs that are currently under negotiation can, according the European Commission's estimates,
increase EU GDP by more than 2 %, a sum equivalent to €250 billion annually.9 This represents the size
of the Danish economy. Such a boost in growth is mainly driven through an increased search for
innovation because of greater economic competition. The innovation process is accelerated, with higher
investments in capital and in R&D, and also increased diffusion of technology. Resting on the
endogenous growth theory, which proposesthat investment in capital, knowledge and innovation foster
growth with significant positive side effects, higher trade flows due to FTAs foster not only growth but,
as a consequence of growth, lead to an increased level in living standards for EU citizens.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/thinkt...RI(2017)603269
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:50 AM

Hi

You miss the basics.

A simple question?

Public sector pensions and benefits were traditionally generous to compensate for the. Lower comparable wages vis a vis the private sector. That wage difference no longer exists across most areas of the public

The Hutton review in 2011 went some way into addressing this imbalance by changing from final salary to average salary.

However this has still left burden to the taxpayers that is greater that the sum we spend on defence

You claim to have been thrown on the scrap heap and yet boast of a £75k a year pension which on the basis of say 50% defined benefits equates to an average salary of £150k. And you claim to be hard done by???

Military service pay is generally lower for a given trade than the private sector and a completely non contributory pension in a way compensated for this and takes into account the constant disruption cause by deployment on spouses pensions

The current £39 billion per year and rising bill for public sector pensions is untenable and is impacting on wider public services. There is need for another Hutton type review but it needs to address the issues on a sector by sector basis.

I take it that you were not conscripted into whatever frontline service you undertook. It was your choice and I assume you knew the risks.

Why should whether I was in the frontline or abroad or being shot at should make any difference to my opinion

I have the greatest respect for those in the armed forces and have met and know some amazing people some of which have some horrific injuries but and I have been careful in my wording to not include them in my previous posts as I have been clear in specifically referring to taxpayer enhanced contributions whereas military personnel are not required to make any contributions. I have also previously linked the the taxpayers alliance where there is analysis on the sectors where further reform is needed

As I said before you frequently boast about your pension and £75k pa is a pension most armed forces personnel can only dream about and your responses seem to be deliberately deflecting from this fact and what’s worse you claim to be hard done by.

Speak to the people needing to use food banks or living on the street to see what hard done by is
itsme
Wigan UK

10-06-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Read them

It doesn't get simpler than that

I will suppose therefore, like most others, that again you are telling lies when you said;

"Trade deals we make ourselves benefit us not other countries (like Germany and France) for a start".

How sad
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 11:52 AM

I will suppose therefore, like most others, that again you are telling lies when you said;

"Trade deals we make ourselves benefit us not other countries (like Germany and France) for a start".

How sad
I thought you were the man of facts.... and there you go, not only making broad assumptions (which are wrong as usual) you're now talking on behalf of most people on here.

Oh dear....

You need to go and figure out how the world works. I can't make you understand ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-06-2019, 12:56 PM

How sad
I don't know about others, but you may assume for me. I have caught him out so often, that he is the only one on my ignore list. He knows this, and true to character, he almost bursts a vein about it.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top