Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:27 PM

Re: Do You Still Do Ironing?

Funny thing, I've just ironed again this afternoon! Even though I have bought a few of the no-iron blouses, I still need a crease in the sleeves at the very least.

At a girlfriend's recommendation to hang them up out of the dryer, unironed, in my closet to break my nasty ironing habit, to see if I could let it go.
Nope! Irritated me every time I went to the closet, so out they came. It's only about an hour a week, mindless chore, and I do feel dressed when my clothes are crisp looking at the beginning of my day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:28 PM

I hate ironing and won't do it, so there! If I use the launderette dryers I will put in some bounce sheets, but if my clothes/bedding are creased, then who cares? At my age I don't need to impress anyone.

I agree with the mantra that life is too short to worry about it. To me, life is about reading books, or my newspapers, watching my favourite tv shows, going shopping or taking the dog out, or playing with her. Or when I have to, doing the allotment.

The last time I did iron my clothes was for when I attended my uncle's funeral some months back.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:56 PM

ironing? Stop using foul language!

I detest ironing with a vengeance. When my clothes come out my dryer I pull them out right quick so they don't crease hehe.

I can't remember the last time I ironed anything.

I could do with ironing the creases in my face that are appearing
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:42 PM

Ironing! I don't iron, well nothing except Sindy doll clothing.
I haven't seen my iron for months. I loath ironing & tumble dry everything I can, I have two shirts in my wardrobe, bought in error,worn once then washed & put away. I haven't worn them again because they have to be ironed, no way!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:53 PM

I still do the ironing but I use a high stool to sit on as I can't stand for too long or I get a backache. I iron most things that need it including tea towels but not hand/bath towels as they tend to go hard when ironed.

When I'm unable iron, Mr Mags always offers to do it for me.
I have him well trained!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 12:00 AM

I iron EVERYTHING, including my underwear but excluding my socks and waterproof clothing - I dislike the effort but I HATE wrinkled clothing .....

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 05:50 AM

I iron too....not underwear though...I'm surprised people iron underwear and socks?

Is that you Omar?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 07:32 AM

I iron every week - I couldn't not iron. All my washing looks like that in Omah's picture.

I also iron my bed sheets because they're Egyptian cotton and crease really badly. However I've never ironed underwear & nightwear.

Can't say I like ironing but I can think of worse chores. I usually do mine whilst watching TV.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:18 AM

I iron a shirt occasionally ....

I like linen shirts but sometimes that strip with button holes down the front is crumpled so I flatten that out, leaving the rest of the shirt with that sexy ruffled look.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:25 AM

When my younger son first moved into a home of his own, and didn't have Mum ironing for him, he used to iron just the front of his shirts - the bits that could be seen and wore his jacket all day! He now pays someone to iron for him - if I could afford it I would do the same

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top