Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:32 PM

Re: Do dogs really poo facing North?

Do dogs in Australia pad round in the opposite direction before defecating?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:34 PM

I wonder what would happen if a dog swallowed a magnet?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:38 PM

This is hilarious. Apparently a team from a university did a study

https://barkhow.com/do-dogs-poop-facing-north/

"The scientists measured the direction of the body axis of 70 dogs from 37 breeds. They recorded 1,893 defecations and 5,582 urinations over the course of two years."

Perhaps if our loos face north we have a more satisfactory evacuation?
Pyxell
South of England

13-06-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is hilarious. Apparently a team from a university did a study

https://barkhow.com/do-dogs-poop-facing-north/

"The scientists measured the direction of the body axis of 70 dogs from 37 breeds. They recorded 1,893 defecations and 5,582 urinations over the course of two years."

Perhaps if our loos face north we have a more satisfactory evacuation?
I shall have to take my compass with me when I go out, in order to select the optimum public loo.

At home, one faces NNW, and the other WSW.
I am doomed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I shall have to take my compass with me when I go out, in order to select the optimum public loo.

At home, one faces NNW, and the other WSW.
I am doomed.
I wonder whether taking a compass into the bathroom at home will help make things more harmonious with the universe? Facing different ways on the loo could change our lives!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Been reading this today and there seems to be a lot about it on the internet. It seems that experts think that dogs are able to detect the Earths magnetic poles and prefer to poo when in line with a North/ South axis. The reason they turn around and around is to find the preferred direction.

Apparently, this can also apply to cats.
This is interesting.

I'm trying to recall when and where I last saw our cats poo, and I'm afraid I can't be sure other than whenever I've seen them it's been on Marge's vegetable patch.

Now I've heard this, I'll keep an eye out. I know which way our garden is oriented, and I'll report back on each observed incident.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 06:08 AM

Goes off to find a compass
Pyxell
South of England

14-06-2019, 06:42 AM

I'm not sure, thinking about it, that it would work with humans, as our colon is sort of upright, well, the ascending and descending parts are, as is the rectum.

Dogs' colons are presumably sort of horizontal, as are their bodies, so could easily be lined up with a directional compass point.

For humans to benefit, we'd have to poo lying down, or on all fours.
Pooing lying down we did as babies, and may well do again in our dotage, but pooing on all fours might necessitate developing some good propulsion techniques, and a change of toilet design.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:35 AM

North West s'mornin, according to my trusty Steampunk compass
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 08:43 AM

I have heard this before and haven't found it to be the case.
In the main Chloe faces east to west in the lane and field when doing that which what has to be done .

She does not like squatting on long grass in any direction particularly if it is wet .

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top