Join for free
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 02:55 PM

Re: Fitness Report Thread

Not quite sure how to do this but so far today I have

Walked (slowly) for 50 minutes
Vaccuumed for 10 minutes
Tidied for 10 minutes
Had a bath (sore leg!) followed by shower/hairwash/blow dry (must use calories!)
Wii-ed (yoga stuff) for 30 minutes
Very light gardening for 20 minutes

I've been doing some book-keeping, but I don't think that's a very energetic occupation. Good for the brain maybe?
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 03:06 PM

It's not even 10am here so I will give mine the end of the day for Wednesday.

I had a nice 45 min walk as always early morning. Breakfast of banana, cereal and coffee and toast.

One hint for the day for those of us with BP problems is to check the sodium content on our foods especially can and prepared foods that are a no no for me. I use sea salt on occasion but have never been dependent on salt so I don't miss it all that much.

Wishing everyone a fit day!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 03:35 PM

Jogged with the dogs, 1 mile.
Fixed the garage roof coz it was leaking.
Tidied up inside the garage, (heavy lifting).
Wrestled with Nero and Mea on the floor.

That's about it really.

Oh, . . and I took my BP.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 05:52 PM

2 hrs approx dog walking
wrestled with the lawn mower for about half an hour (drive belts gone and we live on the side of a hill)
housework (ugh)
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 07:25 PM

3 mile dog walk is mine today..............
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 07:35 PM

As Azz pointed out in the original thread "cleaning doesn't = exercise" in this fitness report, so I won't include that.

We've had our 7 and 9 year old grandchildren here from 10.00am until 5.00pm and I'm exhausted! I hope this will count towards fitness.......

Took a ball to the park and played cricket, had to chase after the said ball in all directions (puff-puff!) for almost 2 hours.
Walked up steep hill in park collecting coloured leaves.
Did skipping in the back garden with Katie.

Having company, I lost count of the number of times I was up and down the stairs but I did run up and walk down them so that must have made a slight difference too.

I hope to do better tomorrow when I have more time to myself......will definitely start on the bike then!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 09:20 PM

Well done all!

Btw, it's ok to include cleaning if you feel it worked up a sweat
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 09:41 PM

Here's mine :

Dusted and hoovered all through bungalow

1 hour dog walking

At work: counted the number of steps I go up and down each day and worked it out as following-

40 steps (20 up and 20 down) x 16 times I went up and down them which equals 640 steps- if I worked it out right. Goodness knows how many paces I have done today so getting pedometer tomorrow -will let you know then
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 11:40 PM

Wow Merz, you really kept moving.

My 45 min. walk this morning
Friend sick and I went to help her out. I did some wash and picking up around the house and made dinner but didn't work up a sweat.
I did take an hour with their youngest child and dog for a long walk and took some pictures that I promised.

I had brocolli and cat fish for dinner with a raspberry yogurt for dessert. I also had some spg. at their house about 4pm but just a tiny bit.

I'm on the second floor and always walk down but will start walking up each day also.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Thursday
50 minutes slow dog walk
20 minutes Pilates

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top