Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 08:02 PM

Greenwashing: can "organic" labelling be trusted?

I for one have been too quick to take product labels at face value. Turns out that one of the cleaning products I buy, which is labelled as derived from plant ingredients, is 62% water and 38% petrolem-based products. Think I'll stick to good old vinegar for cleaning.

Do you choose "green" products by the advertising or labels or do you first check out the products you buy?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 08:44 PM

Re: Greenwashing: can "organic" labelling be trusted?

My view AJ is that you can't trust the labeling on anything anymore, except where it says 'Poison' then you know for sure not to drink it. They were caught out recently with the horse burgers over here, even though it clearly said on the adverts 100% beef burgers, they were the ones who were found out, what about the ones who are still lying about their products and haven't been found out. The claims of some of the toothpaste makers are beyond belief and I find it hard to believe that there is a toothpaste to 'Protect and harden the enamel on teeth', enamel on your teeth is like your 21st birthday, once it's gone it's gone forever, then you dig deep into your wallet and get veneers, any good dentist not on their payroll will tell you it's nonsense.
I would stick to the vinegar if I was you, even clean your teeth with it if you like, cant do you any harm after all they used to clean them with soot in the old days and every time I see a skeleton dug up on 'Time Team' they always have great teeth, "Teeth that could take a chunk out of a Rhino's arse." as my granny would say.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top