Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 05:58 PM

Re: Real Beef but not from a Cow.

No way, all that artificial stuff they are putting in it, colourings, flavourings, e numbers etc. no good for you, we will all be ill.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 06:51 PM

What they should be doing is making artificial horse meat and then make it taste like beef, pork, lamb.....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 07:25 PM

I don't like the sound of it either But then I don't buy beef burgers, too fatty for my taste.
I have eaten them - son in law makes them when they have a bbq.
I love a McDonalds coffee though
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 08:17 PM

This is the future I think. Grow your own meat!

It looks like meat and tastes like meat. In other words it is meat.

See the taste test video here.

What does a stem cell burger taste like?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 08:26 PM

What will happen to all the farm animals if this becomes available? I know they won't have to be killed for meat but, then what? Will the farms turn into meat factories of a different kind? Or, will farms disappear? Will I be able to walk where I like in the countryside without climbing styles & being told to get a map? Will there be huge parks? Will they build on all the land the farmers are hogging? It's exciting, but, scary!!!!!!! Having a attack of the vapours now!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
What will happen to all the farm animals if this becomes available? I know they won't have to be killed for meat but, then what? Will the farms turn into meat factories of a different kind? Or, will farms disappear? Will I be able to walk where I like in the countryside without climbing styles & being told to get a map? Will there be huge parks? Will they build on all the land the farmers are hogging? It's exciting, but, scary!!!!!!! Having a attack of the vapours now!
Nah. Won't change the landscape at all I should think. There is going to be a shortage of food the way things are going what with huge population increases. Even so there will always be a market for the 'real stuff'. All it will mean is that prices might be kept down a bit. Meat could well become a very expensive luxury purchase the way things are going. The ability to grow our own meat should provide an unlimited supply of tasty cheap meat is all.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 08:47 PM

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I suppose many farmers will sell off their stock if they can't compete and turn to something else to grow - vegetables could be dodgy because the weather has such an impact on their success and they are seasonal after all.

I'm another that doesn't like burgers - I don't care where they're from, they all have a really odd taste to them. I have been in McDonalds - I used to like their McChicken sandwich
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 12:32 PM

I usually serve Turkey or Veggie burgers.. However, once in a great while I enjoy a beef burger.

Regarding the new meat. It's NOT artificial.. it's actual beef muscle grown from cow stem cells. There will still have to be cows around for stem cell harvest. I read yesterday, that if meat animals did not exist, polution would be cut by 40%! Cows DO product a huge amount of methane. Also, the meat industry is horrifically inhumane. Animals are house in horrible conditions and fed hormones to make them grow and fed antibiotics. I see an upside to growing this animaless meat.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I usually serve Turkey or Veggie burgers.. However, once in a great while I enjoy a beef burger.

Regarding the new meat. It's NOT artificial.. it's actual beef muscle grown from cow stem cells. There will still have to be cows around for stem cell harvest. I read yesterday, that if meat animals did not exist, polution would be cut by 40%! Cows DO product a huge amount of methane. Also, the meat industry is horrifically inhumane. Animals are house in horrible conditions and fed hormones to make them grow and fed antibiotics. I see an upside to growing this animaless meat.
Buy Manx meat if you can get it over there - they are all out in fields and munching on grass.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top