Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Re: Getting Fit and Strong.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
[/B]

Quite agree MKJ, a few of my mates got off with FIT old birds who were mortgage free, and kept them in the style they strived to become accustomed to, lucky sods.
I probably fall in to that category .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 12:24 PM

Fill yer boots.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Is there really such a thing as 'Sugar Mommy's'?, I am so innocent in such matters.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Is there really such a thing as 'Sugar Mommy's'?, I am so innocent in such matters.
Yes .
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 09:40 PM

Just reading through this thread and thought I'd add my own experiences. I've never been overweight but have a tendency to put on a few lbs as the years go by.
I joined a gym several years ago but really didn't get on with the treadmill, bike etc.
I now belong to one that's more circuit training, it's 20 stages of 30 seconds each, so 10 mins each circuit. I do 3 of these 3 times a week and it is not boring at all, the music and chatter with the other ladies helps enormously.
I feel fitter and I also feel it helps with the osteoporosis, is there anything in the US like this you could try Audrey?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Just reading through this thread and thought I'd add my own experiences. I've never been overweight but have a tendency to put on a few lbs as the years go by.
I joined a gym several years ago but really didn't get on with the treadmill, bike etc.
I now belong to one that's more circuit training, it's 20 stages of 30 seconds each, so 10 mins each circuit. I do 3 of these 3 times a week and it is not boring at all, the music and chatter with the other ladies helps enormously.
I feel fitter and I also feel it helps with the osteoporosis, is there anything in the US like this you could try Audrey?
Yes.. it's called "Curves" and it's pretty expensive I think. THey were all the rage a few years ago and were everywhere, but now I see less and less of them. I just may look into finding one. I never considered them before. Thanks for reminding me.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
just how does a 65 year old squishy white dumpling accomplish that? I'm serious.. where does one start? What is step one?
Sad to hear your description of yourself, as if you you have no value. You have had a life full of experiences, you have made a difference, i feel the first step is to recognize your worth.

From there its a small step to find what you need from life, its all about goals, all you can do is try to achieve what you want.

So easy to judge ourselves on physical attributes, you are so much more than that, of course we all aspire to perfection, but its a false goal in my opinion, a bit at a time with small steps and a belief you can make some progress your way.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2014, 04:59 PM

Well I just had my first 5 miler of the year. Felt like hard going. Still, worked up a good sweat and I had loads of girls whistling at me as I passed real fast like - I wish .

Inspiration for you .
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 06:46 PM

This is a depressing time of year anyway. Holidays over and I'm snowed in today. Couldn't make it to work as the roads are treacherous. So I sit here looking at over a 12 inches of snow and they temps are going down to below zero for the next few days. Hardly a time to be out running... even if one were inclined.. lol!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2014, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
This is a depressing time of year anyway. Holidays over and I'm snowed in today. Couldn't make it to work as the roads are treacherous. So I sit here looking at over a 12 inches of snow and they temps are going down to below zero for the next few days. Hardly a time to be out running... even if one were inclined.. lol!
Maybe you suffer from SBDW - Sad Bastards During Winter syndrome?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top