Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 03:09 PM

How do you keep fit and healthy?

How do you keep fit and healthy - do you eat healthy? Exercise? Make your own food? Have an active job?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 03:38 PM

Re: How do you keep fit and healthy?

I walk for miles, love my local park with it's huge lake where I can feed the ducks and then on to squirrel's wood.

I'm looking for a house so it's street walking for now checking them all out, I eat quite healthily, lovely veggie stir fry dishes, plenty of fresh veg too but I refuse to give up my treats, Asda's milk chocolate bars, yummy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 03:39 PM

I don't think I am fit and healthy these days although I do all the right things with regard to eating and taking exercise.

I guess with some of us when we reach a certain age a lifetimes wear and tear, our genes and misuse catch up with us .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 04:06 PM

I am fitter and healthier than I was but I am a work in progress and walking is my try to get fit choice. Eating I am eating healthier but I have my moments ben and jerrys is half price in Tesco !!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 05:16 PM

I couldn't run a marathon but I manage to walk about 1.5 miles 3 times a week, dig my garden, clean our windows on the outside and I rarely ail anything.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 05:21 PM

I eat healthily mostly with the odd treat occasionally, I've been a gym member for around 10yrs tho circuit training now, less boring, I also do a part time job that keeps me moving.
I'm a person that likes to be 'doing' something so all in all I keep fairly fit for my age.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 05:27 PM

I try and walk for 1 hr a day if I can, but I have Sciatica down my left leg which makes me stop and start. I eat healthy three meals a day, mostly chicken with vegetables and lots of fruit, I do drink a lot of water or Green Tea. I do light exercises indoors.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 05:32 PM

I too have Sciatica in my leg and walking has been really painful at times unless I've taken all of my pain meds but now since I've been using my new Tens machine I haven't any pain whatsoever, it's like a miracle!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 05:40 PM

I think I (we) eat healthily, the only tinned food I buy is baked beans and I threw my frying pan out years ago.
My eating sin is Magnums but I look on them as a treat

I can't walk too far before my back starts aching, it also starts to ache if I am stood still too long. I do have an exercise bike which I will use occasionally when I need to lose a pound ..or two...or three.

I do all the gardening including digging, cleaning inside windows (we have a window cleaner for the outside), housework etc. My husband does the ironing due to me being unable to stand still for long.

Thankfully health-wise, other than my back, I consider myself quite healthy.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 07:30 PM

Until I broke my ankle I kept reasonably fit with swimming & walking.
Hoping to get back to full steam soon.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top