Join for free
Page 53 of 190 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

An interesting cruise Bob, happy anniversary to you and your wife. Enjoy your last day....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Thanks Mags, I have enjoyed posting our progress and sharing our experiences with both Cruisers and non-cruisers, it would be interesting if anyone else had cruised on Britannia to hear their opinions. The opinions of those we have spoken to on board seem to suggest that although Britannia is the flagship of P&O's fleet it is not the best ship by far. Although we have thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, we would like to try a smaller ship next time, perhaps the Oriana.

That's it for now, and as I place my Netbook - kicking and screaming - carefully amongst all the dirty washing, I'll go and get dressed for our last evening meal aboard Britannia. I hope it has been an entertaining read and helped with getting to sleep on a night. We've given Sedrick (our cabin steward) a few quid for his outstanding service and especially the chocolates on my pillow every night. He has been instrumental to the addition of at least half a stone to my physique.

Freddie the wine waiter is next on our hit list, he should write a piece on this forum - very funny and friendly guy. And last but by no means least, Joyfern the table waiter who is responsible for the other half a stone I seem to have collected while drifting around the ocean. Plenty of work to do out on the road when I get home, and I'm sure Mrs Fox will have a few suggestions.......Adios for now......
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 09:07 PM

Belated anniversary wishes from me too
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 12:32 AM

Bob Darlin,You went on this cruise mainly because it was what the Mrs wanted...Next Year...do what YOU want,....from One who knows.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 10:08 PM

Thanks Myrtle, we've had our up's and down's but we're still hangin' on in there.....
Thanks also to you May, I was complicit to some degree in doing the cruise and I would have dug my heels in if I really didn't want to go, but yes, there are quite a few things I'd like to do before I get too old and decrepit and maybe next year will be the year of the Fox.....Thanks for the Good advice though May I always listen to you.

So it was an early start this morning as the ship bumped along side the quay in Southampton. They wanted us off sharpish so at eight forty five, after a speedy shower and even speedier breakfast we assembled in the theatre and waited to be called....Everything slotted together perfectly, people were where they said they would be, at the time they stated, and after a white knuckle ride in a clapped out mini bus I recovered my motor and navigated smoothly out of Southampton and on to the M3.

Mrs Fox categorically refused to cook dinner for us upon our arrival in South Yorkshire, so it was round to the chippy for Sunday dinner.....A far cry from the food on the Britannia but it'll do.

So I'm pleased to announce that we have arrived home safe and sound, but goose pimples are advancing up my arms and legs and I'm so bloody cold, so I'm off to find a jumper and a decent cup of Yorkshire tea. There just remains the simple matter of settling the bill......Oops!
Thanks for sticking with me over the last fortnight and now I'll see what other mischief I can get up to and you guys will be the first to hear about it.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 10:25 PM

Hello OGF ... you can get back to your usual routine now
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-10-2016, 10:06 PM

Now it's time to get serious.
Been running crap just lately and feeling sorry for myself. Can't seem to get motivated after the holidays so I'm going to give an eight miler a try first thing in the morning and we'll see what happens.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 10:10 PM

It's been good here OGf, the legs have been obeying orders without complaint, that ull do for me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-10-2016, 11:26 AM

Nice one Spitty, I sometimes think that I am expecting too much from my body and not taking depreciation into consideration.

I did however have a very comfortable and enjoyable eight mile run this morning.
I'll be glad when the clocks go back and make it a little bit lighter in the mornings.
It was still dark this morning as I tip toed out of the village, the sun had not risen and the moon was disappearing in the western sky. I only encountered two cars while out on the country bit and I think most of the wild life had slept in because it was so quiet.
About half way round the sun made a short appearance as it scampered above the horizon and slipped behind a strip of cloud and by the time I arrived home the whole sky was covered in a featureless grey blanket. I filled out my running log while eating an apple; that tasted very funny and I ended up throwing it in the bin, Tesco's apples have been going down the nick just lately, they seem to be old ones, I'll have to start going to Sainsburys in future. By the time time I stepped out of the shower it was throwing it down, someone had been smiling on me this morning.......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 01:10 PM

I've posted in this thread before, but I didn't realise Old Grey Fox was called 'Bob', so I didn't put the two together! My apologies.
Very good, interesting reading, Bob. The cruise sounded fantastic

Page 53 of 190 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top