Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 01:05 PM

Re: Homemade Soups

Orrible out, all wet and cold so time for a lovely bowl of comfort soup.

French Onion Soup

4 large onions, chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
4 slices of crusty bread
40g grated Gruyere, Swiss or Cheddar cheese
Pepper to taste
1L beef stock made from a Knorr Stock Cube or aStock Pot.

Heat the oil and butter in a deep saucepan and saute the onions for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.

Reduce the heat and cook the onions for 20–30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning.

Pour over the stock. Season with pepper and simmer partially covered for 20 minutes.

Toast a few rounds of crusty bread for chunky croutons.

Spoon the soup into oven-proof serving dishes. Top each crouton with grated cheese and pop one or two into each bowl.

Place under the grill for a few minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 01:11 PM

I often knock up a batch of Tomato, Lentil, Chorizo, and Bacon soup plus various veggies and spices depends what i have on hand. Never make it the same way twice so no recipe as such. Good Winter warmer though.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I often knock up a batch of Tomato, Lentil, Chorizo, and Bacon soup plus various veggies and spices depends what i have on hand. Never make it the same way twice so no recipe as such. Good Winter warmer though.

Me too Nom. And that is the beauty of soups. Instant warmth and a feel good factor all in one
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
That's pretty much my 'recipe' too!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top