Join for free
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 07:08 PM

RED GRAPES: Huh?

Just bought these Italian red grapes but when we got them home we noticed these. What are they? Are they normal? I first thought they were scale insect and that they'd wash off in a good stream of cold water but they are not insects at all, as far as I can see. They are hard and seem to be part of the stems. Are they safe to eat?

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 07:38 PM

Re: RED GRAPES: Huh?

AO Do you mean the knobbly bits on the stems, they look fine to me it is just down to the variety .
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 07:45 PM

Ah, that's a relief! I don't think that I've ever seen them before. Thanks heaps, Meg!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 10:39 AM

They are goosebumps. Looks like they are missing the warmth of Italy. Hats should cure it.

Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

18-10-2015, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
They are goosebumps. Looks like they are missing the warmth of Italy. Hats should cure it.

Too late, Solo! Having got the "all clear" from Meg last night, I proceeded to eat half the pack. I tell you one thing, these Italian Red are exceptionally ..... uh ..... er .....
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Too late, Solo! Having got the "all clear" from Meg last night, I proceeded to eat half the pack. I tell you one thing, these Italian Red are exceptionally ..... uh ..... er .....
Enough to blow yer hat orf then
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

18-10-2015, 11:04 AM

Next time I'll be sure to wear my Lederhose.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->

Val

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top