Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 08:47 PM

2016 - What are your fitness goals for this year?

As the title says
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 08:51 PM

Re: 2016 - What are your fitness goals for this year?

Losing 10kg. without lifting a finger is my goal.
indenial
Lincolnshire UK
indenial is female 

04-02-2016, 09:49 PM

My goal each year is to try and reach the end of the year at least as fit as I was at the beginning, and hopefully a little fitter.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 10:01 PM

Same here indenial I was told that doing 3mins jogging and two mins brisk walking for about 30 mins is a better option than just jogging as you get older. Not sure if this is true?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 11:55 PM

Sounds like a good thing to aim for Indenial!

Cedronella, walking is REALLY good for you. It helps with all sorts, like circulation and even gut motility
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by indenial ->
My goal each year is to try and reach the end of the year at least as fit as I was at the beginning, and hopefully a little fitter.

Me too. I am always thankful I've survived another year.

Seriously though, I walk my dogs, do my Yoga, and go the gym twice a week. As well as that I started the 5 : 2 diet a few weeks back, so haven't got time to do much more than that.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

05-02-2016, 01:15 AM

What is the 5:2 diet Mups?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 01:26 AM

You'll need to look it up to see it properly Azz, but briefly, you work out how many calories you need per day for your height, weight, and sex, and age, and then eat that amount for 5 days a week. Then for the other 2 days you fast on about 500 calories. I fast Mondays and Fridays, so I can enjoy me weekends and have my sunday roast. You can eat what you want really, as long as you stick to the right amount of calories.

I find it very flexible and quite easy once you get in the swing of it. If you don't need to lose much weight, or just want to stay stable, you can do 6 : 1 instead, or even 4 : 3 if you've got lots to lose. As I say, I like the flexibility of it.
indenial
Lincolnshire UK
indenial is female 

05-02-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Same here indenial I was told that doing 3mins jogging and two mins brisk walking for about 30 mins is a better option than just jogging as you get older. Not sure if this is true?
That could be true - in fact it's probably more or less what I'm doing at the moment, though I don't time myself. I used to go out for a 'proper' run, but it was difficult to fit everything into the day. So now I incorporate running into my dog walks, so I run a bit, then walk a bit and so on.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

05-02-2016, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You'll need to look it up to see it properly Azz, but briefly, you work out how many calories you need per day for your height, weight, and sex, and age, and then eat that amount for 5 days a week. Then for the other 2 days you fast on about 500 calories. I fast Mondays and Fridays, so I can enjoy me weekends and have my sunday roast. You can eat what you want really, as long as you stick to the right amount of calories.

I find it very flexible and quite easy once you get in the swing of it. If you don't need to lose much weight, or just want to stay stable, you can do 6 : 1 instead, or even 4 : 3 if you've got lots to lose. As I say, I like the flexibility of it.
Ah right thanks for the info Mups.

So they don't differentiate between good calories and bad calories? I haven't read it but this is a best-selling book on the topic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Calorie...d+bad+calories

For decades we have been taught that fat is bad for us, carbohydrates better, and that the key to a healthy weight is eating less and exercising more. Yet despite this advice, we have seen unprecedented epidemics of obesity and diabetes. Taubes argues that the problem lies in refined carbohydrates, like white flour, easily digested starches, and sugars, and that the key to good health is the kind of calories we take in, not the number. In this groundbreaking book, award-winning science writer Gary Taubes shows us that almost everything we believe about the nature of a healthy diet is wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top