Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 06:22 PM

Sugar In Yoghurt

Many of you are on diets and many find that diets don't tend to give you permanent results. One of the reasons is poor understanding of what is a good and bad food product.

Many diets and diet "clubs" will encourage people to eat yoghurts as a dessert in favour of cakes and puddings. You instinctively feel like you are eating healthier by doing so . . . but is this actually true? Let's take a look to see if our old enemy, sugar, is once again pulling the wool over our eyes.

Here's a breakdown of some of the common so-called "healthy" yoghurts that you may well have in your fridge right now.

These are horribly high sugar levels for what are supposed to be healthy options. I conclude that the whole yoghurt industry is just one more divisive enterprise that is routinely conning the public. It is just one more way for mega-corporations to peddle the poison that keeps you ill, keeps you fat and keeps you miserable . . . sugar! Get it out of your life imho.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 06:36 PM

Re: Sugar In Yoghurt

Tesco was the best for us according to your figures, for fibre you can add some fruit.
We can't possibly be sugar free a little intake can benefit us, sugar in moderation will not hurt us, eat excess and face the consequences.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 06:37 PM

I love yoghurt, don't bother with the other stuff, I try to go for the low fat/sugar ones wherever possible although I do occasionally have the calorie laden ones as a treat.
I count my calories daily and make sure I don't go over 1600 or so, have done for years and my weight remains steady, within a lb or two.

I check the little treats I give my grandson - too much sugar and it's a no go..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
We can't possibly be sugar free a little intake can benefit us, sugar in moderation will not hurt us, eat excess and face the consequences.
The problem is the sugar is being forced on you. Why can't you buy yoghurt without sugar? If you are going to add fruit for it's fibre (which I totally recommend) then you are going to get your sugar content from that fruit anyway. Remember if you eat just 1 large apple, you are eating approx. 5-6 teaspoons of sugar. Eating the whole apple means the fibre will slow down the sugar conversion which is what you want. What we don't need is additional sugar from the yoghurt itself and certainly not the multiple teaspoonfuls shown above !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:02 PM

I look for low/no sugar yoghurts with live/active cultures..I have My reasons so don't argue with Me
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2016, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I look for low/no sugar yoghurts with live/active cultures..I have My reasons so don't argue with Me
Have you found a no-sugar yoghurt May?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Have you found a no-sugar yoghurt May?
Not yet...still looking....bloody hard to find in supermarkets,but I'm sure they're out there....sugar is My enemy which I fight every day...Anti-biotics caused Me a big prob' years ago,and sugar exacerbates it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2016, 07:52 PM

Indeed. The thing is, these mega-corps are simply looking for ways to ship their Class-A drug to us because they know that drug is:

- Addictive (so we will keep coming back for more)
- Rewarding (i.e. it will falsely stimulate our reward/pleasure senses)
- Energy Boosting (so for a short period we seem to feel great)

The actual product is of no consequence whatsoever, it doesn't figure in the larger overall plan to simply sell the Class-A drug which is sugar.

If they can get it into what people believe is a healthy option food then they hit the jackpot because the mug punters will just keep coming back for more.

The entire health spiel around pro-biotic yoghurts is utter Billy BS I'm afraid. They are simply just another vessel in which to sell you their Class-A drug from which they make $billions.

You can get 10 times the amount of genuine organic healthy lacto-bacteria by simply fermenting your own vegetables. A process that is ridiculously easy to do, requires about 30mins prep and then 2-3 weeks of just waiting and watching the fermentation take place in the pot. The cost is almost nothing (how much does a head of cabbage cost ?!!!). Yet these evil corporations bombard you with sexy adverts about how healthy their little yoghurts are thereby dupe millions of people. They are peddling sugar, plain and simple.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:08 PM

I have eaten stacks of sugar in my life and I am not fat, I have led an active life so burnt it off as I go.
But couch potatoes who sit there watching the goggle box all their lives can expect to be obese.
It is down to ones metabolism we are not all the same.
If you work but don't have what I call a physical job you need to exercise.
I don't like folks telling me what I can eat or can"t eat, they don't know me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

18-04-2016, 08:19 PM

Aye right Realist ..I LIKE plain Greek yoghurt which I add berries/fruit to every day..and I sure as hell aint having fermenting vegetables stinking out My house for weeks on end thanks very much...I'm not THAT much of a health nut thank gawd.
Toodleoo the noo.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top