Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:36 PM

Re: Sugar In Yoghurt

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I have eaten stacks of sugar in my life and I am not fat, I have led an active life so burnt it off as I go.
But couch potatoes who sit there watching the goggle box all their lives can expect to be obese.
It is down to ones metabolism we are not all the same.
If you work but don't have what I call a physical job you need to exercise.
I don't like folks telling me what I can eat or can"t eat, they don't know me.
Valid points Wrinkly. The moral of that story is, one must balance the energy you expend with the energy you take in. I don't personally believe you need to lead a particularly active life but if you have a more sedentary life you should have a low intake accordingly and thus what you do eat needs to have all the nutrition your body needs.

Sugar is an enemy because for most people who aren't particularly active, it WILL be quickly converted to fat if not taken with sources of fibre. For those vulnerable people who have already become obese, it's critical to understand where the sugars are and what they are doing to their mind and body, esp as they are less likely to be as active as fitter people.

Many such people are still massively uneducated about the effects of sugar on their body and where all the hidden sugars are. They are often miserable and find repeated failures when genuinely trying to diet and some of that is down to the sugar content in foods which they mistakenly believe are healthy imo.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:39 PM

I'm not good with dairy, so I used to buy and love Alpro yogs, till I saw the amount of sugar in them.
Not had them since I don't know when because of the sugar content.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye right Realist ..I LIKE plain Greek yoghurt which I add berries/fruit to every day..and I sure as hell aint having fermenting vegetables stinking out My house for weeks on end thanks very much...I'm not THAT much of a health nut thank gawd.
Toodleoo the noo.

I like the Greek 'Total' low fat yogs as well May. Very nice.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:42 PM

I LIKE plain Greek yoghurt which I add berries/fruit to every day.
Unfortunately Greek is no better. Still has 8 teaspoons of sugar in a 500g pot. So you're getting that sugar in-take on top of the sugars in the fruit you eat with it.

The best way I find to really appreciate this is to imagine your yoghurt having no sugar in it and then see yourself physically spooning 8 teaspoons of sugar into it. You just wouldn't do it yourself if that were the case, yet we happily buy the product when someone else has already done just that !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:48 PM

I don't EAT a 500g pot every day,just a tablespoonful...Oh that reminds Me of Someone like You...Mary Poppins..Practically perfect in every way...hell ..She even suggested a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Not yet...still looking....bloody hard to find in supermarkets,but I'm sure they're out there....sugar is My enemy which I fight every day...Anti-biotics caused Me a big prob' years ago,and sugar exacerbates it.
May, not trying to teach you to suck eggs ... 'cos you might've already been down this route .. but have you ever tried probiotics since you mention antibiotics caused you problems?
I take them as they help my gut and from memory I'm sure I read somewhere that they can help get your system back to 'normality' if you've taken anti biotics.

Having said that you mentioned years ago...so maybe I'd better shut up
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
May, not trying to teach you to suck eggs ... 'cos you might've already been down this route .. but have you ever tried probiotics since you mention antibiotics caused you problems?
I take them as they help my gut and from memory I'm sure I read somewhere that they can help get your system back to 'normality' if you've taken anti biotics.

I even get ProBiotics for my dogs if they have had a course of antibiotics! Same for myself too.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Well it's been over 20 yrs since I had the prob' with very strong anti-biotics to clear up a chest infection..I've refused to take them ever since...not much info' then about pro-biotics,but I do eat plain greek Yog' which has live active cultures...so far ..so good
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

18-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I even get ProBiotics for my dogs if they have had a course of antibiotics! Same for myself too.
Aaaah, you're a good mum Mups
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

18-04-2016, 09:06 PM

Well it's been over 20 yrs since I had the prob' with very strong anti-biotics to clear up a chest infection..I've refused to take them ever since...not much info' then about pro-biotics,but I do eat plain greek Yog' which has live active cultures...so far ..so good
TBH I refuse anti biotics May. Well, if all else fails, look into it or perhaps just give them a try for a period of time. They really help my gut, honest injun

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top