Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 05:36 PM

Tea or Coffee???

Which is your preference? Or maybe something else?

I LOVE coffee - Fresh or Instant. But it must be rich and smooth in flavour. I change Instant Coffee every so often, as otherwise become overly used to one flavour. Currently enjoying Nescafe Cap Colombie.

A friend enjoys Tea so much, that I have suggested she makes a flask instead!

Regards,
Rainbow
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 05:46 PM

Re: Tea or Coffee???

I`m an old git-coffee first thing in the morning,coffee at mid morning but tea in the afternoon
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Tea in the afternoon, sounds like a lovely old fashioned London pleasure ..... Tea at 4.00 p.m.

Rainbow
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 06:03 PM

ah London-and the vicar for tea.

Kensington don`t you know and a four roomed flat on the top.

What a frickin joke-all `nice` manners and who is this upstart?

Shame the actual building was falling down and the leases never made sense

We inherited an open wound-bleeding money all over the place
Rainbow
Surrey UK

29-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Hello OG, I was being light-hearted about the "tea in the afternoon at 4.00 p.m." - Certainly did not intend to offend you. Please accept my apologies.

(I come originally from London - which brought it to mind. Though we certainly did not participate in these little etiquette rituals)!

Rainbow
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

29-08-2010, 06:27 PM

You offend me??

Sweetheart life is a joke we play hard. Nothing much offends me and if it did I would have sent you a pm asking for clarification
Rainbow
Surrey UK

29-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Thank you OG, I obviously mis-understood your Post. Glad to hear that you would not have been quick to take offence, when none was intended. And would clarify too before shooting me!! Pheww!

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 07:04 PM

At least you inherited something OG - I too am a Londoner and all we inherited was a pile of rubble after the war.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

29-08-2010, 07:18 PM

What would a four bedroom flat in Cornwall Gardens be worth now?

The irony was that the day we had the removal men round to clear the the MIL`s place was the day the scaffolders came to start repairs on the building.

We sold it for a song just to be rid of the hassle-hey ho property round here was not too pricey either back then
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Heaven knows how much OG. My grandparents owned a property on the South Bank and it was completely flattened during the war and so they had to make a new start. That's how I came to be born in Brixton. They managed to get an old Victorian house on Electric Avenue. They lived there into the sixties and their four daughters and my dad all married and had their children there after the war. (and yes I do know Eddie Grant's Electric Avenue).

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top