Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 10:47 PM

Re: Pickled Eggs.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Wasn't it Sir Thomas Beecham who said "You should try everything once except incest and Morris/Folk dancing" ??!!

Dare's you, Mups !!

What, to eat a pickled egg? No no no, I couldn't Tabs.
I always think they look almost sinister floating about in the murky jar of vinegar.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have never tried pickling eggs - would your hubby care to share his recipe?

Is it just as simple as boiling a few eggs and sticking them in jar with vinegar?

Yes that's just what he does

But he said he's done it a different way too which is better where he boils the vinegar with chilli flakes or small chillies and 6 pepper corns, then lets it cool then adds the eggs
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:15 PM

There have been many tales throughout history of the magical properties of pickled eggs......are you sitting comfortably? Then I will begin...
In the land of Mordor seven Eggs were boiled, these Eggs of Power were given to Man
It was said that they held the secrets of the universe, gave untold power and wealth to anyone possessing such an egg and cured male pattern baldness and erectile dysfunction. These eggs were highly prized.

The Eggbert Egg was first discovered in ancient Sumeria by a a young vllage boy Roberto who in fact was searching Dead Sea Scrolls in the local caves and only finding goats. The Egg was taken from Roberto who got a clip around the ear for ignoring the goats and bringing home an egg after all you can get a dozen free range eggs from Asda for next to nothing.

The remaining eggs were scattered across the world one was hidden in the great pyramid of Cheops another one was believed to be in Lenin’s Tomb in Moscow in his inside jacket pocket, yet another was in a wooden crate in hanger 13 in Area 51 next to a flying saucer. A fourth egg was residing in pub in England and the whereabouts of the other 3 are still unknown stories about a jeweller called Faberge and the remaing eggs are at this moment unsubstantiated
A sighting of The Eggbert Egg One was first reported in in Italy where a after long investigation and study it was decided to pickle it for posterity and place it on display in the Vatican, under very carefully controlled conditions in the presence of the greatest scientists of the age.

The shell itself was carefully removed in order to retain the ancient Coptic, Aramaic and Sumarian writings upon it, and especilly an ancient Celtic pictogram that said, ‘Roberto woz ‘ere’
The procedure for removing the shell itself involved the rolling of the egg on the inside of the thigh of an Italian virgin and crushing it gently. This apparently brought tears to the eyes of the male beholders and once again demonstrating the awesome powers of The Egg.

And so it came to pass that the EggbertEgg was presented to King Rehab the First who was a day trip to Rome for the Games (King Rehab was competing in the Half Litre Snatch) and won, and carried to England....... where it was left in a local hostelry, that Egg, the Eggbert Egg, the first of the 7 Eggs of Power is still out there ...somewhere.......honest.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:21 PM

You been "avin" a little too much Mothers ruin Honey.

?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->

?

It's either that or he hasn't taken his medication today Apricot.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:27 PM

My favorite pickled eggs to make, being from a German-Dutch family, is German style. These are delicious.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/g...e-pickled-eggs
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->

?
Nope, but I have had the best part of a bottle of Pinot...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
My favorite pickled eggs to make, being from a German-Dutch family, is German style. These are delicious.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/g...e-pickled-eggs
Those sound delicious - will give them a try !
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's either that or he hasn't taken his medication today Apricot.
We now know the answer Mups .Titter.

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Nope, but I have had the best part of a bottle of Pinot...
And why wouldn"t you ses I. Keeps the cockles warm on a cold January night .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

13-01-2017, 12:43 PM

Indeed it did, thanks

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top