Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 08:32 AM

Re: Nigel's new Brexit Party

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Just the right type of candidate, over 70 and thick as 2 short planks. I see she has been kicked out the con party as well, obviously didn't have the bottle to resign before she joined the reptile.

Good cartoon of her in the times today though with the reptile.
Agreed.

"Doris Karloff", as she was known in the HOC, should have stuck to Strictly Come Dancing.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 09:10 AM

Chukka ... where is he ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The problem with labour, conservative, Tiggers, lib dems etc is that their message is not clear at all about what they will do regarding Brexit (especially labour)

The Brexit Party's message on the other hand is crystal clear and they have a lot if faith in delivering in their promise. You can't say that for anyone else.

The Tiggers can't even decide on a name and their leader is not obvious.
Especially the flip-flop Loonies.

They change direction more often than I change my underpants!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Talking of the Loony Party, it should be remembered that there is nothing new since Compo took over.

Just watching my recording of a documentary about the British aircraft industry which, in the '50s and '60s, was undoubtedly the best in the world.

Two very important things were done by the Labour Party in this respect, which compromised our country in a number of ways:

- Wilson's government very kindly sold one of our early jet engines (Nene) to the Russians, who (predictably) copied it and used it to power their MiG15 fighters which proved to be the best of its kind in the whole world.

- Then they cancelled our TSR2. Perhaps not many people have heard of this, understandable because no sooner had our industries developed it, it was cancelled for political reasons (money). This would have been way ahead of anything in any other country - a supersonic replacement for our ageing V-bombers: faster, more manoeuvrable, more 'stealthy', a crew of two as opposed to five, yet could deliver the same weapon load.

I'm struggling to think of anything the Loonies have ever done that didn't compromise this country.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Labour.... changing their minds again

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8887191.html
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Talking of the Loony Party, it should be remembered that there is nothing new since Compo took over.

Just watching my recording of a documentary about the British aircraft industry which, in the '50s and '60s, was undoubtedly the best in the world.

Two very important things were done by the Labour Party in this respect, which compromised our country in a number of ways:

- Wilson's government very kindly sold one of our early jet engines (Nene) to the Russians, who (predictably) copied it and used it to power their MiG15 fighters which proved to be the best of its kind in the whole world.

- Then they cancelled our TSR2. Perhaps not many people have heard of this, understandable because no sooner had our industries developed it, it was cancelled for political reasons (money). This would have been way ahead of anything in any other country - a supersonic replacement for our ageing V-bombers: faster, more manoeuvrable, more 'stealthy', a crew of two as opposed to five, yet could deliver the same weapon load.

I'm struggling to think of anything the Loonies have ever done that didn't compromise this country.

There we go again talking nostalgic claptrap.

Give a British aviation enthusiast more than two pints and he will invariably tell you the story of TSR.2. This tale of an axed nuclear bomber will be told to you in a far more tender tone than he used to talk about his family. This bar room lecture will climax in an angry rant at the crass, penny-pinching government that killed Britain’s flying dreams.

The BAC TSR.2: Bombing the myth

https://hushkit.net/2012/05/14/the-b...bing-the-myth/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-04-2019, 11:27 AM

A vote for labour is a vote for austerity further down the line.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-04-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Labour.... changing their minds again

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8887191.html
Sorry, I can't read this because I refuse to subscribe to an anti-Brexit rag!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-04-2019, 12:29 PM

What a load of absolute crap.

Since when did the RAF ever own or operate any F-15s?

The whole article is littered with totally incorrect nonsense. I can only presume that it is a lefty, anti-British publication.

I could go to town on outlining all the incorrect statements within that text, but I have a policy of not interacting with anti-British trolls which I have already broken. However, I had to point out to others what sort of codswallop you come up with.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 01:45 PM

I'd like to ask BritGuy to have a word with his president and try to persuade him to come and rescue this country from the expansionist EU Empire, because our own government have now decided to side with the enemy.

Personally, I'd rather be the 51st State than a vassal state of the EU. At least in America, everyone is treated fairly regardless of which state they are in, whereas in the EU we shall be regarded as simply a cash cow and a place in which to send the EU's undesirables.
Couldn,t agree more. How many other governments either disagree or ignore the peoples choice as this government has.
People keep saying 'You are given a vote so use it' What,s the point if the government is going to say 'Whatever the vote we will do things our way'

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top