Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:37 PM

Re: Mum

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I've been watching the first series on catch up Pyxell , I love it , it is cringing , what brilliant actors. The last one I watched just now was Easter Sunday. I shall catch up some more tomorrow.
Great stuff!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 06:06 AM

Not heard of this one - but I like Lesley Manville - will go and look on catch up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Just watched episode 1 of series 1 - the day of the funeral.

It is really funny and bewildering at the same time. That ditsy Kelly should have been drowned at birth! Not sure about Michael - seems very creepy. Will have to make time to watch the rest on catch up and see how they all develop!

Thanks for the 'heads up', Pyxell, it looks good!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 08:35 AM

I watched every episode , its excellent and a bit addictive . Ive now set tv to record the new series from Wednesday.

By the way i have actually met people like this !
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I watched every episode , its excellent and a bit addictive . Ive now set tv to record the new series from Wednesday.

By the way i have actually met people like this !

Poor you!

Thinking back, though, I did meet someone who was a bit naive when it came to engaging brain before opening mouth.

It was at a time when brown was in vogue, and fringed lampshades were in vogue, and a couple of other things which I can't remember.
My acquaintance was sitting in my room which had all these things a, b, c, d, as part of the decor, and she proceeded to say how naff a, b, c and d were! (She didn't use the word naff, but that was what she meant!)
I just grinned and tried to change the subject as I didn't want to embarrass her.
However, a short while later, she must have looked around her, and realised what she had said, so she did apologise!

This sort of thing happened a lot with this person, but it wasn't malicious, like Pauline, just naive, like Kelly. Quite funny, really!

Come to think of it, I did experience the whingy, selfish parent thing as well!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

14-05-2019, 02:33 PM

I am off to look on Amazon - see if this brilliant series is available on DVD
Pyxell
South of England

15-05-2019, 11:14 AM

Don't forget!!

'Mum' starts tonight, BBC2, 10pm

6 episodes starting tonight, 30 minutes each.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 12:06 PM

Watched most of the first series on catch up. A real gem.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 11:10 PM

Just watched the latest episode to see what all the fuss was about, and I've got to admit, it left me underwhelmed. Slow, not funny, full of boring characters, faffing about the place. And before people say it's not aimed at males, the wife did'nt like it either!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 11:32 PM

Hi John you do need to watch from the start to appreciate the characters. It's on I player from season 1 through to now. I think it would be a bit confusing watching season 3 cold. It's a very sensitive study of the consequences of what's left unsaid and British polite avoidance of saying what we think, with all the comic misunderstandings that leads to.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top