Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:15 PM

Charisma.

Why are some people Charismatic naturally
They ooze confidence are not always good looking, but everyone is attracted to them
When I was a teenager the most popular boy in the Town was not very attractive but his personality made up for that, and all the girls wanted to be with him. He was not tall but walked tall.
What is their secret? Are they born with Charisma?
You can't buy Charisma, can you?

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:23 PM

Re: Charisma.

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Why are some people Charismatic naturally
They ooze confidence are not always good looking, but everyone is attracted to them
When I was a teenager the most popular boy in the Town was not very attractive but his personality made up for that, and all the girls wanted to be with him. He was not tall but walked tall.
What is their secret? Are they born with Charisma?
You can't buy Charisma, can you?

Azure l love the word ‘Charisma’, it is a magical and profound word. If you have it, you are very lucky.
I don’t think l have ever seen it in a woman but l have seen it in men.
It oozes from them and they light up a room. I don’t think you can do any wrong in life if you have charisma.
Everyone will be drawn to you like a magnet. I don’t think charisma ever dies.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:26 PM

Because we all have different personalities otherwise we would all be robots (or German).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:26 PM

I agree, Azure.
Genuine charisma is just there, isn't it. I am not sure the 'owner' is always aware of it themself even.

Some people just have it, and others never will, if they live to be 100.

Having said that, I do also think we are naturally 'drawn' to some people and not others, but is that their charisma, or something within ourselves I wonder? Interesting thought.

You asked can we buy it?
Well there are a few Christmas stockings I'd like to drop some into if we could.

P.S. I agree with Art about charisma never dies, too.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure l love the word ‘Charisma’, it is a magical and profound word. If you have it, you are very lucky.
It oozes from them and they light up a room. I don’t think you can do any wrong in life if you have charisma.
Everyone will be drawn to you like a magnet. I don’t think charisma dies either.
That is so true Artangel
The do magnetise every one they meet and I have also only seen it in Men.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

13-05-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, Azure.
Genuine charisma is just there, isn't it. I am not sure the 'owner' is always aware of it themself even.

Some people just have it, and others never will, if they live to be 100.

Having said that, I do also think we are naturally 'drawn' to some people and not others, but is that their charisma, or something within ourselves I wonder? Interesting thought.

You asked can we buy it?
Well there are a few Christmas stockings I'd like to drop some into if we could.

If they could bottle it they would become very rich.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

13-05-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Because we all have different personalities otherwise we would all be robots (or German).
Zig Hail

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:37 PM

Here is a tale of two blokes Azure.....
I worked alongside both of them in't factory. One of them was always finding stuff to complain about, mainly about management and the way the company was run. He would go into great detail how our rights were being ignored. It got to the point where walking past his machine meant at least an half hour ear bend and people would walk the long way round to avoid passing his machine......

He attracted very few friends and was rarely asked to attend 'Lads Night outs'....

The other chap was always cracking jokes, laughing and singing while working at his machine, he was also a very good listener, always finding solutions to even the worst situations. He was always the first person to be invited to any gathering and you always felt happy and comfortable in his company, being sad was not an option.

Two very different people attracting two very different responses, but I must admit, they were both my friends....
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

13-05-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Here is a tale of two blokes Azure.....
I worked alongside both of them in't factory. One of them was always finding stuff to complain about, mainly about management and the way the company was run. He would go into great detail how our rights were being ignored. It got to the point where walking past his machine meant at least an half hour ear bend and people would walk the long way round to avoid passing his machine......

He attracted very few friends and was rarely asked to attend 'Lads Night outs'....

The other chap was always cracking jokes, laughing and singing while working at his machine, he was also a very good listener, always finding solutions to even the worst situations. He was always the first person to be invited to any gathering and you always felt happy and comfortable in his company, being sad was not an option.

Two very different people attracting two very different responses, but I must admit, they were both my
friends....

Two men looked through the Prison Bars
One saw Mud, the other saw Stars.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I immediately thought of men too. But perhaps we women recall seeing it only in men because it's so attractive. Like a magnetism that makes you focus on one man as if he is the only one in the room. He doesn't have to be good looking at all or a hunk.

But I am just watching a documentary on Doris Day (BBC 4 for anyone who is interested) and she is a woman who definitely oozed charisma. I think Thatcher had it too. Charlotte Rampling, Glenda Jackson, Ava Gardner, Joan Crawford, Judi Dench, Margaret Rutherford, Christine Lagarde (love her or hate her she has it), Maggie Smith... I could go on and on. Mainly women in entertainment because there are fewer women in high profile political and business roles.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top