Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 06:33 PM

Re: Is There A Thread On Here, Showing How To Get Rid Of Pop-Ups?

Well I tried disabling javascript and it broke some aspects of nearly every site I have visited some so badly that nothing loaded. Fortunately I have found an add-on that enables me to toggle JS on and off. I'm not sure I can recommend disabling JS.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Well I tried disabling javascript and it broke some aspects of nearly every site I have visited some so badly that nothing loaded. Fortunately I have found an add-on that enables me to toggle JS on and off. I'm not sure I can recommend disabling JS.
I've never tried disabling JS because I'd read that all modern websites are heavy users of the software. It seems that your experience proves it. I hope that everything has returned to normal now.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 08:34 PM

Mrs mart and I use Adguard on our computers and phones. It's not a free ad-blocker and some will wonder why anyone would pay for something that blocks ads when there are free ways of doing it. My reason for doing so is because I'm of the opinion that the best apps and programs aren't always free. Here's a review of Adguard. Scroll down the page a bit to read what it does.

https://digitalguyde.com/adguard-rev...d-worth-money/

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top