Join for free
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 07:55 AM

May replacement a poisoned chalice?

I do wonder just how much good news it will be NOT to be the Theresa May replacement.

Whoever comes next will be unable to avoid the fallout from her disasterous performance and will be on a hiding to nothing.

The "Men in the Gray Suites" aka the 1922 Committee have really blown it.

They have put self interest before responsibility and by failing to kick May out of office as was done to Mrs Thatcher when Labour spin of the very sensible community charge was resulting in loss of support by the electorate.

Instead of reading the runes from the get-go and not even listening to the uproar where her disgusting behaviour and abuse of office in dealing with BREXIT, which should have been a very straightforward thing, they ignored it and now must carry as much if not more blame than her.

So when she does go, and it's already too late, one question then arises.

What about the members of the 1922 Committee?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:41 AM

Re: May replacement a poisoned chalice?

What has turned me off T May more than anything is her refusal to grant amnesty to British troops who were involved in the troubles in N Ireland. Seeing newsreels and pictures of what was going on I would think self preservation was uppermost in those troops minds. I served in the latter part of WW2 and in Malaya in the late 1940s. Will it be my turn next?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:07 AM

Re: May replacement a poisoned chalice?

Originally Posted by big ben ->
What has turned me off T May more than anything is her refusal to grant amnesty to British troops who were involved in the troubles in N Ireland. Seeing newsreels and pictures of what was going on I would think self preservation was uppermost in those troops minds. I served in the latter part of WW2 and in Malaya in the late 1940s. Will it be my turn next?
I absolutely agree. The woman is outrageous however we should not be overlooking her handlers. Metaphorically she is the tip of an iceberg.

When it comes to the members of the armed forces in Ulster engaged in what was a war against an unconventional armed force that had massive support from the majority of one sector of the population then quite apart from anything else with the Blair government having pardoned the enemy forces but not OUR fighting forces for anything that they might have done was wrong. Just wrong.

Now for that stupid woman, supported by her handlers probably to ease the BREXIT border arguments, to refuse to put right yet another of Blair's acts is just beyond wrong. It's criminal.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top