Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Re: Foods you used to hate but love now

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
No shellfish at all Mags?? Not even nice fresh juicy prawns?
Yuk...no!!! My limit in the fish department is salmon and cod
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:17 PM

Oh Mags, if you actually studied a cockle, there's nothing more repulsive to look at is there? They taste like heaven though.
When we were kiddies in Hampstead Mum would send me up Flask Walk after Sunday dinner to the barrowman for cockles, winkles and whelks for our tea. Love the first two but those whelks, Yuk! I am certain Dad would pop one into each of our mouths just to shut us up, chewy horrid things! Can get lovely fresh shellfish here on Poole Quay
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
No shellfish at all Mags?? Not even nice fresh juicy prawns?
Oh yeah!!! Cockles, whelks, mussels - my sisters and I had quart enamels jugs on Sunday to go and get the cockles, whelks and mussels from the local fishmongers barrow.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Oh Mags, if you actually studied a cockle, there's nothing more repulsive to look at looking is there? They taste like heaven though.
When we were kiddies in Hampstead Mum would send me up Flask Walk after Sunday dinner to the barrowman for cockles, winkles and whelks for our tea. Love the first two but those whelks, Yuk! I am certain Dad would pop one into each of our mouths just to shut us up, chewy horrid things! Can get lovely fresh shellfish here on Poole Quay
I think it's because there aren't 'cleaned out' inside ...... you must be eating all their "yuk", for want of a better name!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:50 PM

OMG Mags! Got my hands over my ears ....... NOT listening. I don't want to know. Want to keep my cockles!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

16-09-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
OMG Mags! Got my hands over my ears ....... NOT listening. I don't want to know. Want to keep my cockles!
sorry Mary but you must admit I'm right!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 04:08 PM

I've never seen cockles, do we have them here?? but adore mussels! Actually all seafood except raw oysters ... that's still a YUK!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 05:34 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTaPf5z2Qz8
maryl
UK

16-09-2011, 06:24 PM

That clip reminded me a lot of my very young years in London. I remember that the pearly king and queen of Hampstead, Ted and Emily Matthews moved into our flat in New End when we moved out. I fiddled around on the net and found that he sold seafood from a barrow outside the Flask Walk Pub. So, blow me down it was old Ted that used to tease us kids on a Sunday afternoon by waving jellied eels in our faces!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

16-09-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTaPf5z2Qz8
That was great Uncle Joe, that's the first time I've heard Rolf Harris sing that ......

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top