Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 03:46 PM

LLoyd Grossman Sauce Warning

This was on the news this afternoon about LLoyd Grossman Sauce .......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 03:50 PM

Re: LLoyd Grossman Sauce Warning

Yes, I heard that on the news this morning, Loyd Grossman must be so upset and concerned about it.

I use Korma sauce a lot but I always buy Pataks brand.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:03 PM

I don't like curry Mags so I don't buy it, although I do buy some of his other sauces.

Just thought it was worth mentioning incase anyone didn't hear it on the news.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I don't like curry Mags so I don't buy it, although I do buy some of his other sauces.

Just thought it was worth mentioning incase anyone didn't hear it on the news.
I agree with you Alicat, any food warning is definitely worth mentioning.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the warning Ali I don't buy it myself but will pass this on to my DIL who might.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:22 PM

We have the very occasional, very mild curry, but we also use Pataks, I try avoid anything promoted by "celebrities", they always seem a let down somehow..
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 04:29 PM

We don't have any but I've sent texts to my family. Thank you Alicat, better to be safe than sorry.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

14-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
We have the very occasional, very mild curry, but we also use Pataks, I try avoid anything promoted by "celebrities", they always seem a let down somehow..
Just a look at his boat is enough to give me indigestion.

Sorry, should not make jokes about a very serious subject like that but have to agree with Barry about the celeb aspect even though I know they don't brew it up in their kitchens.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 11:13 PM

I heard this on the evening news tonight. Don't use his sauces myself, but rang my Sister who does, to tell her. Glad I did, she hadn't heard the news. Thanks for letting us know Alicat.....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2011, 11:21 PM

I've tried every manufacturer of sauces, including Patak (which is made in my home town), be they in tins, jars or packets, and I'm afraid I've found every single one of them quite disgusting.

This is indeed very serious and I hope those youngsters recover from this deadly disease.

Do as I do with sauces etc - make your own. That way you know what's going in them.

I know Loyd Grossman doesn't manufacture these sauces himself and it's no wonder he's upset. People will now stop buying them so he'll lose a lot of money, or is that just me being cynical?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top