Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 03:15 AM

Re: Hypertension/heart diet?

Hi all - I haven't checked back here for a bit. He's had another mini-stroke since I started the thread. For a few days after he'll make healthier choices, but then slips back into old habits. He will sometimes drink tea instead of Coke but the smoking is still at a pack a day.

ClaireMarie mentioned to me that bananas can help lower blood pressure and it turns out he likes them so I make sure we always have a bunch on hand. Small step, but a positive one.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 12:40 PM

Annie there is still no mention of doctor or medication. Sure bananas probably do lower blood pressure and maybe we should all eat them but your husband sounds to me as if he is seriously ill and past needing just a banana a day.

He needs to stop smoking and stop taking in caffeine. Tea is an excellent detox just keep shoving tea in front of him. Honey if he won't take responsibility for his health and you want to keep this very selfish man around you will have to put your foot down with a firm hand.

Best of luck..
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:12 PM

I know full well, but he is not one to take advice and he doesn't care how long or short his life may be as long as he lives it on his terms. I'm not one to stand up to him, so being as supportive as I can is the limit. Good to be able to rant here a bit... thanks.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:33 AM

Feel free to rant my dear, in the end if he wants to live on his terms I suppose you have no option but to let him. Don't bother to stand up to him just ignore him, don't even mention anything.

I had a dear friend who had a diabetic husband he would constantly complain, if she didn't pay enough attention to him he would say, I'm not taking my medication anymore, you will be glad when I'm dead.

My poor friend used to cry and beg him to take his meds. One day I was there and he said it. I told him to get on with it and die, if that was what he wanted. I then asked my friend to go shopping with me. She hesitated for a while and then we went out. When we came back her daft man had eaten and taken his meds.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

17-02-2012, 03:09 AM

Ha ha! I like that one Mollie.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top