Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 03:46 PM

George Foreman Healthy grills

Has anyone got one as I'm thinking of buying one? I want to get the one with removable plates. The one I'm after is the Easy Clean Grill And Melt 14525, it costs about £90. It looks really good and because my cooker's grill is absolutely useless (the cookers brilliant but not the grill) I thought it would be a good idea.

I want to be able to cook chicken breasts, fish and meat on it.

Any views or first hand experience with them is gratefully received thanks.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:04 PM

Re: George Foreman Healthy grills

My daughter has one and loves it. She does chicken and beef on it, and also uses it for grilling sandwiches but since it slopes (to drain fat away from meat) she props up the front for that.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:09 PM

I have one, but found that we don't eat enough meat, so it is now in the back of the cupboard. I tried doing toasted sandwiches but wasn't too happy with the result, except for cheese ones.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
My daughter has one and loves it. She does chicken and beef on it, and also uses it for grilling sandwiches but since it slopes (to drain fat away from meat) she props up the front for that.
Thanks for that Annie Jack, does your daughter not want the fat to drain away then? I'm going for the sloping one so the fat does drain away as I'm trying to healthy eat.

I'm glad you're daughter is pleased with it, I have heard good reviews about them.

Thanks for your reply
Alicat
West Berkshire

18-02-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I have one, but found that we don't eat enough meat, so it is now in the back of the cupboard. I tried doing toasted sandwiches but wasn't too happy with the result, except for cheese ones.
Thanks for your reply Janela, we will definitely be eating lots of chicken and fish plus a little bit of red meat. I'm not too bothered about toasted sandwiches. Do you know if it cooked the meat okay?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:17 PM

I meant to say she only props it up for grilling sandwiches, to do them evenly. She does let it slope to drain the fat when grilling meats. I'm interested in getting one myself.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:18 PM

We never use our grill.. the GF is fab and cooks really nicely and as a healthy way to do meat. We cook chicken, home made burgers, chops, steaks and have never been disappointed
Alicat
West Berkshire

18-02-2012, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I meant to say she only props it up for grilling sandwiches, to do them evenly. She does let it slope to drain the fat when grilling meats. I'm interested in getting one myself.
If you do get one Annie Jack get one with removable plates as it is much easier to clean than the ones that you can't remove, also you can put them in the dishwasher (the plates not the grill itself ). Also if you want one for four people, some of them don't have grills big enough for four people even though it says for four portions. There's only two of us so we won't have that problem but the reviews I've read on the model I'm getting is that there's not enough room for four portions.

I'm quite excited about getting one and will get one soon (probably Monday morning).
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:28 PM

Yes, it cooks the meat well Alicat. You get good instructions with them, so you won't go wrong.
Alicat
West Berkshire

18-02-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
We never use our grill.. the GF is fab and cooks really nicely and as a healthy way to do meat. We cook chicken, home made burgers, chops, steaks and have never been disappointed
Brilliant! Thanks Cassie. If my grill wasn't so useless I wouldn't get something else. Last night I grilled two chops under my grill and after an hour they weren't even half cooked so I finished them off in the frying pan. Not very healthy, luckily they were both for my husband (I had a salad with cottage cheese).

I'm glad you're pleased with yours.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top