Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:30 PM

Re: George Foreman Healthy grills

Yes, the removable plates would be the best way to go.

Cassie, have you done fish on it?
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Yes, it cooks the meat well Alicat. You get good instructions with them, so you won't go wrong.
Thanks Janela, I'm really excited now
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:51 PM

I have mine for a number of years it does cook various meats well and mine will cook four portions as it is quite large but that's probably because it's an old one.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:58 PM

Thinking of buying a bread maker, we dont eat much bread but I do like fresh buns so could make the actual bread in it and then cook in the oven, does this sound like a good idea?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 04:59 PM

I've had my George Foreman Grill for 6 years and love it. The one I have will take 6 chicken breasts with room at the side for a few veg. It has a separate section on top for warming buns/rolls, pitta bread etc.

I cook steaks, chicken, bacon, salmon steaks, mushrooms, onion etc on it. It make take a while to get used to timing your food to suit your taste.

The grill channels fat and grease into a separate drip tray for healthier eating. You will be amazed at the amount of fat that drains out.

As for cleaning, my grill plates are fixed and I find it quite easy if you clean it while the grill is still warm. Just wipe down with a damp sponge or cloth then dry with kitchen towel.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have mine for a number of years it does cook various meats well and mine will cook four portions as it is quite large but that's probably because it's an old one.
Thanks mesco m, I think the older grills did have more room from what I've read.
Alicat
West Berkshire

18-02-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've had my George Foreman Grill for 6 years and love it. The one I have will take 6 chicken breasts with room at the side for a few veg. It has a separate section on top for warming buns/rolls, pitta bread etc.

I cook steaks, chicken, bacon, salmon steaks, mushrooms, onion etc on it. It make take a while to get used to timing your food to suit your taste.

The grill channels fat and grease into a separate drip tray for healthier eating. You will be amazed at the amount of fat that drains out.

As for cleaning, my grill plates are fixed and I find it quite easy if you clean it while the grill is still warm. Just wipe down with a damp sponge or cloth then dry with kitchen towel.
My goodness Mags, you sound like you get alot of use out of your grill. I do have salmon steaks at least once a week so I'm pleased they cook well.

I'm glad your fixed grill plates are easy to clean as well.
Alicat
West Berkshire

18-02-2012, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Thinking of buying a bread maker, we dont eat much bread but I do like fresh buns so could make the actual bread in it and then cook in the oven, does this sound like a good idea?
Now I never use my bread maker anymore but when I did it came out well. It always had a bit of a hole in the middle where the dough thingy went (can't remember what it's called now). I think it's worth getting one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
My goodness Mags, you sound like you get alot of use out of your grill. I do have salmon steaks at least once a week so I'm pleased they cook well.

I'm glad your fixed grill plates are easy to clean as well.
The secret is to clean it while it's still warm otherwise the bits from the meat etc will solidify when cold ..... then you may need a scraper!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 05:17 PM

oops I nodded off!!
Havent done fish on mine but my mother used to on hers so I guess if it hadn't been successful she wouldn't have carried on doing so

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top