Join for free
Page 578 of 754 « First < 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 678 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:32 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good morning ladies. Roxy hope it stayed dry for you to get the weeding done. I prefer the train to Glasgow because it isn't stopping at every bus stop on the way. I have a senior railcard so I get a third off train fares. Beki I got the train to Torquay twice and it was just to long. Then to Cardiff once, the next two times I flew there. Nails today and then into town after that. May hope your ok.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:48 AM

Morning All, Yes I did an hour in the garden as that's all the bending my back could handle. Will hopefully get the rest done this afternoon. Have to head into the town shortly as I'm needing to go to the bank to raid my savings for a garden table and benches I'm having made.
It's dry here but we're due a couple of days of wind n rain.... Oh Joy.
Jess I used to love travelling by train but they priced me off them, far too expensive now. What finally finished me was when I booked a seat from Perth to Inverness return, but I ended up having to stand all the way. Not on as far as I'm concerned, if they had the Seniors Pass like buses do then I'd use them. I still like to drive though and up here I have to, but for a day out down in Inverness then I'd use the train.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 11:14 AM

Good Morning Lassies,Sky has become very dark all of a suddenso will expect rain!

Have been busy in the garden and a bit of DIY around the House,so I get out of the habit of signing in here when I've things to do..I guess when You've been on Social Sites as long as Me,I 've seen/read/heard it all before..so nothing new to stir My interest,

I hear there's a search party out looking for Doris in Scotland and a wee bird told Me He's been seen on the banks o' Loch Ness with binoculars...looking for the monster?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I hear there's a search party out looking for Doris in Scotland and a wee bird told Me He's been seen on the banks o' Loch Ness with binoculars...looking for the monster?

Well he can stay there, it's just over 100 miles south of here so there should be no bumping into him on dog walks or Horse Trecks.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 07:22 PM

Good evening all. I wondered if Doris was in quarantine as we haven't heard whether or not his brother who died recently had tested positive for Covid? Let him keep coming as each visit he and his followers make gets us another YES vote. Humid day with a little rain but I still managed to get some weeding done. I love the heat, sun, & even the rain, but it does make the weeds shoot up. I've made an appointment for the hairdresser next week Jess. I've kept it a lot longer since lockdown but it definitely needs more attention. It's a pain when they suspend bookings on a train journey Roxy. It has only happened to me on return trip from London and it wasn't too bad as I got on in London. The Liverpool return was a bit chaotic as we had to use different trains & routes from those we booked and there was a Rugby match in Scotland so all trains were busy. However it was well organised. Glad to hear you are Ok May. Take care.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Good morning ladies. It took me a few minutes to realise who Doris was. Roxy I've never really had bother on trains with seats. Beki I feel my hair has grown a bit longer in the last few weeks. May glad to hear your ok. Eyebrow waxing today and then some housework and maybe gardening.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 10:16 AM

Good Morning Each,quite a chilly one here but haven't been out yet as I'm waiting for a delivery between 10-12,

I hope BOJO realises He is in SCOTLAND and NOT North Britain which is what He,Gove,Davidson & Ross would like Us to be called in the future ..We will always be SCOTS who live in SCOTLAND so I hope We ram it down Their tory throats in May 2021....Burns got it right..'Sic a parcel o' rogues in a Nation'

Haven't been on a train for years,so much easier for Me on the bus as the stops just a 3 min' walk from My House..I hear the train fares are going up but If the bus-pass is done away with I'll be stuck with depending on Family/taxis to get around

Stay safe & take care All.xx
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

20-08-2020, 10:23 AM

Morning, Rain here today so no outside for yours truly. May I've found folks around Inverness pretty plain speaking, also there's a massive Yes Movement there, so no doubt he'll be hearing a few home truths as I'm sure some will go on a Doris Hunt for just that reason.
I hadn't heard anything about the buss pass being done away with, hope that's not true, there will be ructions if it is.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

20-08-2020, 11:39 AM

Lol,Methinks He's sheltering on the 50,000 acres Balmoral Estate with Queeny & Co'...Could They be discussing Her abdication in favour of Charlie ...That would get Doris off the hook for the pandemic/test results fiasco..just sayin'

Naw...I've not heard of any moves to get rid of the free buspass..but..who knows what the future holds.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

20-08-2020, 01:38 PM

Well if himself is being hidden by Queenie then he's over on the East Side in Aberdeenshire. Not Nessie Hunting outside Inverness.
They seek him here they seek him there.

Page 578 of 754 « First < 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 678 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top