Join for free
Page 579 of 754 « First < 79 479 529 569 577 578 579 580 581 589 629 679 > Last »
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 05:03 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good afternoon ladies. Let's hope they don't find him Roxy & he may remain 'hidden' for years. He's basically hiding & leaving the muppets who support & cover up for him to take the flak. Serves them right. There has been talk over the years of either stopping the bus pass (national entitlement card & I've forgotten the other name for it) or introducing a minimum fare instead of free journeys. I don't think it is a good idea as it has enabled and encouraged so many to get around, helping to decrease isolation & improve mental health, morale, and wellbeing for older people and those with some disabilities. We also have agreement on trains. Within about 25 miles it's a flat rate of £2 each journey and a reduced rate for a longer journey to certain Glasgow stations. I believe most council areas have similar arrangements. I vary journeys between bus & train as there are restrictions on peak time travel on the train on week days. Warm & cloudy most of today but the sun did come out for a wee while. I hope this storm doesn't spoil my plans for lunch in Glasgow on Monday! It will take a very strong wind to keep me in! Enjoy your evening.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 05:43 AM

Mystery Solved he's wild camping..

Well he's cheating actually He rented a wee cottage and pitched a tent in the garden. That way he can have access to a toilet, shower, and kitchen. OMG.....Really?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aks-cover.html

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200821-054201.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	13574  
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 09:35 AM

ADOPT A SCOTTISH CONSERVATIVE FOR £1

There's nothing quite as magnificently tragic as a Scottish Conservative floundering in it's natural habitat ( a YOUGOV poll), puffing out their tweed plumage for one last meaningful squwak before retiring to a seedy S & M torture den for the evening.
Yet this incredible pox could be wrested from the view of future generations of Scots by cruel farmers seeking to enact a macabre revenge for selling out their quality, world renowned produce to appease a chlorinated Trump.
For as little as £1 per month, you can help to keep the wee scunners around in captivity for a giggle, receiving hateful twitter updates and once a year, a nationally owned asset will be privatised and public services cut.

Take out your £1 membership here..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	118071320_2440382356258968_936385089454944630_o.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	13575  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 09:47 AM

OMG,that's so funny ..I guess how to erect a tent wasn't on the curriculum at Eton College then...just another disaster for Doris.

Rain here and it looks like it's on for the day..see Ye a' later,xx
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 04:40 PM

Good afternoon ladies. Beki I use the bus but only to go to the next town. Or from Glasgow to my hairdresser and back into town. I got a railcard so I can travel anytime I like. Heavy rain here this morning and when I was getting my hair done. Did some food shopping in M&S and now sitting with my feet up.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 05:32 PM

Good afternoon all. Weather has been much the same here Jess. Enough rain earlier to frizz up my hair, then heat & a bit of sun. Raining again now. Jess I buy a railcard when I'm going on long journeys and then I have it for the year. It's cheaper for me to use the reduced fares options between Edinburgh, Glasgow, North Berwick, Dalmeny & stations in between. I note Doris has put on his beer belly again (wasn't he encouraging everyone to get fit?). He looks more like a refugee from a doss house. Probably part of his charm Love the poster Roxy but why pay another pound for them. We're keeping them in second and third homes, paying the additional TV licence for said homes, feeding them every day & paying their bar bill in the House of Lords and that's just the start. We can laugh at them anytime as they give us so much entertainment. Just a pity we can't refuse the ticket price - YET. Thanks for keeping me sane ladies (well as sane as I can be). It's good to come on here and hear what you are doing. Take care.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

22-08-2020, 03:37 PM

Afternoon All, Was nice this morning and I got all the washing dry. But it's getting blacker now and I think we're in for another soaking.
You know this new outbreak of the virus in Scotland is really starting to bother me. 123 new cases in the last 24 hours, I can see us heading back into another lockdown as a second spike gets a hold.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53873491
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:17 PM

Afternoon Each,a windy,sunny,showery one here,quite Autumnal,

I've been more or less back in isolation for the past couple of weeks..no visits to busy Supermarkets or travels on the bus..and the only People who have been inside My House are My Son,Daughter & Son in law..anyone else I meet in the garden or a blether over the garden fence...started getting My groceries delivered again,so..not much has changed in My Life since this virus took over the Lives of Everyone...this is how it will continue for Me anyway,and I'm used to it by now..gawd knows how long it will last but I'm determined to still be here,hale & hearty when I turn 80 in 2 1/2 years time...though I maybe slightly more bonkers by then
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

22-08-2020, 04:27 PM

Good afternoon all. It is disturbing Roxy. You think that we are slowly getting some sort of normality and then a new outbreak. The reassuring thing is that the track & trace system obviously works & we can identify exactly how & where people have contracted the disease. It also shows that where people are not following the distancing & hygiene advice transmission is occurring. The only way we are going to be rid of this is if everyone takes the appropriate measures. We can only hope that individuals will take notice and try to help stop this. We are told consistently that this is not merely a debilitating virus but, if it's not stopped, life/lifestyle will continue to be affected. Income, jobs, leisure, travel to name but a few things. Those who demonstrate to have venues, shops etc opened, against wearing masks, and no travel restrictions, should put effort into ensuring we are fighting it instead of selfishly thinking it doesn't or won't affect them. I hope they never find out the hard way that it affects everyone. I've been a bit lazy today but I did clean out the fridge, made Lemon Curd & 2 apple crumbles. I think I deserve a glass of wine this evening. Take care, follow the advice, & don't worry too much about the situation. Worrying won't make it any better and will just stop you from enjoying the present.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 11:44 AM

Good morning ladies. That's the worrying thing about this disease how long it is going to be around. There are still some people especially the younger ones not obeying the rules. I did some shopping yesterday and will just carry on with it. Housework today and then go out for a Sunday paper.

Page 579 of 754 « First < 79 479 529 569 577 578 579 580 581 589 629 679 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top