Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:05 PM

Re: What Do You Record Your Television Programmes On?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Meg.
I haven’t heard of ‘You View’, is this something you subscribe to?
.....Art it is like Freeview you don't pay any extra for the channels you receive
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:14 PM

Angel, I have two Panasonic recording devices. The newer one has a capacity of 1Tb; I can't remember the older one - perhaps 500Gb.
Each has two tuners, so I can record up to four programmes being transmitted concurrently.

They were both a bit pricey, but in addition to recording programmes they can both copy to DVD and BD. Perhaps that's not something you need, though. Incidentally, I believe that Panasonic is the only brand that now produces such things.

I also used to have a Humax device, but that was quite a long time ago.

EDIT:
Come to think of it, if and when one of my recorders goes west, I'll probably replace it with a cheaper recorder that doesn't copy to DVD/BD, because I don't remember ever recording more than two consecutive programmes that I want to keep on disc.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:16 PM

Thank You, Meg.
I haven’t heard of ‘You View’, is this something you subscribe to?
Youview is the Humax recording facility. There's no subscription with Freeview.

I've had a Humax twin tuner box for some years now, and will be buying a second one soon. I will go for a higher spec, as I record a lot of stuff.

Get at least a twin tuner, otherwise you're limited as to what you can record and watch at the same time. In fact, my next one will let me record three at once.

Also, at least a week to view is essential for recordings. Longer is better still.

Another useful feature is being able to edit channels, so you can hide ones you never watch, and better still is if you can rearrange the order of the channels on your list.

With Humax, the economy energy mode has a very long start-up time, but you get used to it!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:42 PM

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/best-f...corders-uk-tv/ Try this art...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:53 PM

Yes, this is what l need to look into, how many channels can be recorded at once and what is the storage capacity.
Humax FVP-5000T 500 GB Freeview:
  • Record up to 500 hours of SD TV, Record, pause and rewind live TV. UPnP compatibility
  • Over 100 TV and Radio channels 15 in HD. Frequency Range - 470MHz to 862MHz (UHF)
  • Catch up TV from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 & UKTV Play
  • Built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to your Home Network
  • Record up to 3 programmes simultaneously whilst watching a recording or catch up.

Which magazine give it a 72% rating and mark it a "Best Buy" - their reservations were only that it was expensive and the on-screen guide was not complicated enough!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 09:34 PM

Honestly, All your answers have been so useful, l am now learning a bit more about what l need and what l would expect from a recording unit when the time comes. Thank You so much.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:07 PM

I use a Humax the same as Omah Arty, it will record two channels at once while you watch a third, it's got a 'week to view' guide and recording is as easy as selecting the programme and pressing record, it will ask you if you want to record the whole series or just a one off. It comes equipped with it's own freeview tuners containing over one hundred channels. You can always find something to watch.....Never had a spot of bother with it and will definitely buy another Humax if anything happens to this one......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:12 PM

If you need to record then Humax is the way to go, esp if you are used to sky
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I use a Humax the same as Omah Arty, it will record two channels at once while you watch a third, it's got a 'week to view' guide and recording is as easy as selecting the programme and pressing record, it will ask you if you want to record the whole series or just a one off. It comes equipped with it's own freeview tuners containing over one hundred channels. You can always find something to watch.....Never had a spot of bother with it and will definitely buy another Humax if anything happens to this one......
Foxy, That is exactly what my current Sky box does and that is what l would be hoping for a new box to do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:26 PM

Foxy, That is exactly what my current Sky box does and that is what l would be hoping for a new box to do.
Perfect then Arty, no need to go through the worry of learning a new system...I'm getting too old to use new stuff....You end up spending more time messing with it instead of using it....
That's why I'm looking after Mrs Fox.....

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top