Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:13 PM

Re: What Do You Record Your Television Programmes On?

You don't need to record much if you're on Virgin Media.

They have, pretty much, everything replaying over & over ad infinitum (ads included).

Their set top boxes just record lots of stuff whether you ask them to or not.

If not recorded I'll find most stuff on other VM channels.

Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:34 PM

I don't record Tv at all. If you miss something this week it will be repeated in the next couple of months. We have more 'repeat' channels than live TV. That's probably a blessing as there is such rubbish advertised. Actually I don't watch much anyway so I'm probably watching programmes I didn't see in the '90s
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:39 PM

I rarely record anything but if I do, it's on the Virgin Media box. It's possible to record 3 programmes while watching a 4th.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2020, 04:53 PM

I have never recorded anything in my life. Wouldn't know where to begin.
I keep life simple.

If I really want to see something I will stay in and watch it.
If I miss it - tough.
Nothing bad will happen, it's not the end of the world.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:16 PM

As someone mentioned, Virgin Media has On Demand as well as a recorder as standard. Not that I bother using the recorder. I use Amazon Prime and when my sons come round for a movie night we use Netflix, which is arguably another sort of On Demand service. It must be years since I recorded anything.
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 09:59 PM

Used to have a Humax box and freestat because our broadband speeds weren't good enough to use a smart tv on, till we got a green box put in around a mile away

Now we stream pretty much everything, watch what we want to watch at a time that suits us

We have Netflix and Prime, all the main tv providers streaming services and of course the internet - YouTube is a good source of programmes as is Daily motion

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top