Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 12:45 PM

Blusher

....or rouge as they used to call it , do you use it ?
Cream or Powder ?
My Boots cream one is running low so recommendations will be welcome as I’m not entirely happy with it enough to buy another .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 03:19 PM

Re: Blusher

Blusher/rouge? I’ve never used it in my whole life
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 07:32 PM

You don't use make up or need your cheeks highlighting Mags ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You don't use make up or need your cheeks highlighting Mags ?
All i use is moisturiser and a touch of lipstick, Zuleika.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 09:30 PM

I use bourjois little round pot no. 41 healthy mix. It's a light shimmery coral and I just use a tiny bit on my cheekbones. It's no longer available in chemists so I buy online. I find it very hard to find the perfect colour as many blushers are too heavy for me or too harsh for my skin tone. The one I used to use which is still available in shops is called Dandelion and is by benefit cosmetics. It's a bit pricier at about £20 or more, but it lasts forever.

I have never quite taken to cream blushers. I like a bit of a shimmer but there's little choice in light slightly shimmery products. I used to love maybeline's back in the 90s but they stopped making it. There seems to be a trend for either very heavy colours or nudes.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 09:54 PM

If I wear foundation I use powder and powder blusher, nothing expensive, just any brand as long as it looks subtle is all that matters. Some people look like clowns when they put too much blusher on lol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Blusher/rouge? I’ve never used it in my whole life

Me neither, Mags.

Until more recently, I have always been outside so much I have colour in my cheeks anyway, don't need to apply any more.
Zuleika
North West UK

19-01-2020, 03:39 PM

Mups if you apply foundation onto a fair skinned person ,me , it needs to have colour added to highlight the cheekbones.
Similarly the eyes need opening with colour or eyeliner and mascara .
None of this applies to you tho ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Mups if you apply foundation onto a fair skinned person ,me , it needs to have colour added to highlight the cheekbones.
Similarly the eyes need opening with colour or eyeliner and mascara .
None of this applies to you tho ?

No, not really.
These days, I rarely go places where I feel the need for make-up. I am either dog walking, or at my geriatric gym, doing my yoga class, shopping, or popped in to see a friend etc, so people I meet would wonder what I was up to if I went all made up.

Now if I had a dinner date with George Clooney - (the real one, not the imposter we have here ), then I would certainly pull all the stops out!

It also makes it more difficult because I have Dry Eye, and lots of eye make up makes them sting nowadays.

As you say, I can understand it being different if you are very fair skinned though.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:55 PM

I have ever worn makeup since I was a teen, can't be bothered with it, don't need it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top