Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:05 AM

Car Taxing.

Are DVLA still sending out the forms to retax your car? Or can you do it online without the form, I've always taken the form to the Post Office to do it..
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:15 AM

Re: Car Taxing.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Are DVLA still sending out the forms to retax your car? Or can you do it online without the form, I've always taken the form to the Post Office to do it..
I still receive a form to tax my car, despite it being a vehicle that is exempt from Vehicle Excise Duty so does not require taxing. Work that one out, I cannot. I do this online, really easy to do, have a look at the link below, all instructions are given and the link is the one I use every year:

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:28 AM

Thanks Baz, It's not due to be taxed until August 1st BUT, I was due to get the paperwork for renewing my driving licence at the end of April and it's still not shown up, as I can't get in touch with them either by phone or email I just wasn't sure. I've never taxed it online always taken the paperwork and payment to the Post Office a couple of weeks before it's actually due.
It's just me, but I do as little as possible online I prefer the old fashioned way. Can you tax online early too?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:31 AM

I pay mine monthly with direct debit set up through the DVLA website.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

05-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Barry my tax for the car I have just now is only £20,
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 09:37 AM

We tax the car on line,But always make a hard copy to keep in the car incase ever get stopped. Easy enough to do. Can't remember if you have to quote a code that may be on the renewal letter or just your car number plate. Best ask the DVLA
No road Tax on Sue's Honda Civic, only on the Nissan Xtrail
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:07 AM

Mrs has just received form V11.
I did not get mine last month but I was declaring SORN anyway. So I used my V5c.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:20 AM

Barry my tax for the car I have just now is only £20,
Wow Roxy that's good, we have two vehicles and because they are quite old it costs us around £40 a month in VED.
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:55 PM

Thanks Baz, It's not due to be taxed until August 1st BUT, I was due to get the paperwork for renewing my driving licence at the end of April and it's still not shown up, as I can't get in touch with them either by phone or email I just wasn't sure. I've never taxed it online always taken the paperwork and payment to the Post Office a couple of weeks before it's actually due.
It's just me, but I do as little as possible online I prefer the old fashioned way. Can you tax online early too?
Not sure if you can tax car early on-line.
If you can, do not tax more than one month early because you will lose a month's money.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I still receive a form to tax my car, despite it being a vehicle that is exempt from Vehicle Excise Duty so does not require taxing. Work that one out, I cannot. I do this online, really easy to do, have a look at the link below, all instructions are given and the link is the one I use every year:

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax
Me too Baz. Daft innit?

I received my V11 today. Mine's due for re-taxing by 30 June. I do mine over the phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top