Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 07:00 PM

Re: Is It Possible For Someone To Remove Their Emails And Texts They’ve Sent You?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Emails are showing ‘This Message Has No Content’ from a sender and their texts have disappeared from my mobile phone.
Is it possible for someone to infiltrate your devices to do this?

I just find it very odd, that all the correspondence from them via my email and mobile phone texts has just gone?

How could this happen?

This needs more clarification because the answer is not as simple as one would think. The emails that you say have no content in them, are you viewing them on your computer or on your phone. Texts are obviously on your phone.

Also, when you say the emails have no content in them, did they have content in them before, or is it a case of you've received and email from the person, opened it and there is no content?

I work in the computer/tech industry hence why I am asking for more clarification.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 07:59 PM

Re: Is It Possible For Someone To Remove Their Emails And Texts They’ve Sent You?

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
This needs more clarification because the answer is not as simple as one would think. The emails that you say have no content in them, are you viewing them on your computer or on your phone. Texts are obviously on your phone.

Also, when you say the emails have no content in them, did they have content in them before, or is it a case of you've received and email from the person, opened it and there is no content?

I work in the computer/tech industry hence why I am asking for more clarification.
Thank You, Dodge. I hope you can help me as this is most worrying.

The emails that have come from this particular person to my iPad and to my iPhone now state ‘This message has no content’ on both iPad and iPhone. Yes, they did have content in them before but it’s just disappeared!!
The texts on my iPhone, that were there before, the page of texts from them are now completely blank. I did not delete them.
Could my internet be accessed remotely?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:35 PM

Data is not set in stone, that has always been the problem.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:49 PM

Sounds to me like some messages were set up in a group sharing mode.

Once the sender moves on, to something else, he/she turns off group sharing and the recipient no longer sees the file/photo - unless they have copied & saved it.

Sort of thing that might be used, say, in a board meeting whereby selected people might all be looking at some shared grand plan, back home on their devices, and then the powers that be switch some of them out & adds some new people.

Haven't done it myself, but this example suggests something similar.

If a sharing tick box is on, you might be able to see the stuff for days, or months, before the sender turns off the tick box after which you would see nowt.

Just guessing...!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 09:57 PM

Never trust a Tick Box.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Sounds to me like some messages were set up in a group sharing mode.

Once the sender moves on, to something else, he/she turns off group sharing and the recipient no longer sees the file/photo - unless they have copied & saved it.

Sort of thing that might be used, say, in a board meeting whereby selected people might all be looking at some shared grand plan, back home on their devices, and then the powers that be switch some of them out & adds some new people.

Haven't done it myself, but this example suggests something similar.

If a sharing tick box is on, you might be able to see the stuff for days, or months, before the sender turns off the tick box after which you would see nowt.

Just guessing...!
Ted, No group sharing. Just one to one.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 10:43 PM

IIRC, you use an iPad but what mail reader do you use .... ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I wonder if they sent them by phone and they changed provider or closed accounts?
I'm not sure if that can delete things.
I didn’t think once you sent an email, you could delete it at their end. Unless, you had means of accessing their account.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Dodge. I hope you can help me as this is most worrying.

The emails that have come from this particular person to my iPad and to my iPhone now state ‘This message has no content’ on both iPad and iPhone. Yes, they did have content in them before but it’s just disappeared!!
The texts on my iPhone, that were there before, the page of texts from them are now completely blank. I did not delete them.
Could my internet be accessed remotely?
Damn, your using Apple products...this could get complicated. As for text, from a tech point of view, there are different types of 'texts', we need to be clear on what app your using to 'text' people. Are using using something like whatsapp or are you using the iphones own text messenger?

The most common problem is that the ipad and iphone have too many emails and text messages saved and as a result there is not enough memory left to properly display the email and texts. So firstly, check to see if both your ipad and iphone have lot's a emails and texts saved in them, if they do then delete the ones you can.

The next solution is related to how the ipad and iphone are setup. Depending how they are setup, it is possible that the emails and texts are saved on Apple's servers and as such there is a synchronisation issue between your ipad and iphone. This sync issue means when you ipad or iphone wants to communicate with Apples servers to show you the messages, because it's out of sync with that persons account on Apples end, it makes it look like all the content has been deleted.

Now, if the above is how your ipad and iphone have been setup, having a near full inbox of messages and texts will prevent any more information from getting through hence again it will look like the content has been deleted.

It gets more complicated from here on in but look at the above and see if any of it relates to your iphone or ipad.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 01:00 AM

There are apps emerging that allow deletion of emails/texts once they have been sent, but only if they are unread. Once read, the recipient has their own separate "copy" on their PC/device and they cannot be deleted by the sender.

If they have "vanished" it's a problem with the app used for messaging. Google will show topics reporting the same problem.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top