Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 07:35 AM

Re: Is It Possible For Someone To Remove Their Emails And Texts They’ve Sent You?

My Mac does the same for an email account that was hacked and taken over by spammers. It won't download content that it thinks is malicious, which is why I questioned if the account that was sending the mail had been hacked
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 03:57 PM

Re: Is It Possible For Someone To Remove Their Emails And Texts They’ve Sent You?

Be very cautious if there appears to be no script. It is possible to compose in white and write a code that could attack without notice. ​I got caught like that many years ago and wondered what my security was banging on about until it was almost too late.

If in doubt run your mouse over it to see if anything is highlighted in blue.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
IIRC, you use an iPad but what mail reader do you use .... ?
What’s a mail reader?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What’s a mail reader?
An email client, email reader or more formally mail user agent (MUA) is a computer program used to access and manage a user's email.

AFAIK, the default for an iPad is Mail.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Damn, your using Apple products...this could get complicated. As for text, from a tech point of view, there are different types of 'texts', we need to be clear on what app your using to 'text' people. Are using using something like whatsapp or are you using the iphones own text messenger?

The most common problem is that the ipad and iphone have too many emails and text messages saved and as a result there is not enough memory left to properly display the email and texts. So firstly, check to see if both your ipad and iphone have lot's a emails and texts saved in them, if they do then delete the ones you can.

The next solution is related to how the ipad and iphone are setup. Depending how they are setup, it is possible that the emails and texts are saved on Apple's servers and as such there is a synchronisation issue between your ipad and iphone. This sync issue means when you ipad or iphone wants to communicate with Apples servers to show you the messages, because it's out of sync with that persons account on Apples end, it makes it look like all the content has been deleted.

Now, if the above is how your ipad and iphone have been setup, having a near full inbox of messages and texts will prevent any more information from getting through hence again it will look like the content has been deleted.

It gets more complicated from here on in but look at the above and see if any of it relates to your iphone or ipad.
Sorry for the delay, Dodge,
l was referring to ‘texts’ as in my mobile phone texts via my mobile phone provider Tesco, which is not the same provider of my home internet that my iPad runs off.

My iPhone and iPad are not synchronised to work in unison as my daughter set my iPad up in her name as it was easier at the time.
I use the same email address on my iPhone and the iPad.

The identical emails on my iPhone with the same email address, shows the same ‘no content’ message.

No other emails or iphone texts have ‘disappeared’ only the ones from this one person. I haven’t deleted them at my end, so who has?

It’s all very odd!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-08-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
An email client, email reader or more formally mail user agent (MUA) is a computer program used to access and manage a user's email.

AFAIK, the default for an iPad is Mail.
Omah, You might as well be talking in a foreign language, as l still don’t know what you’re talking about!!
You worked in computers, so it’s easy for you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-08-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
There are apps emerging that allow deletion of emails/texts once they have been sent, but only if they are unread. Once read, the recipient has their own separate "copy" on their PC/device and they cannot be deleted by the sender.

If they have "vanished" it's a problem with the app used for messaging. Google will show topics reporting the same problem.
I will have to have a read of them Tachyon. Thanks
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-08-2020, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by JeanMcP ->
My Mac does the same for an email account that was hacked and taken over by spammers. It won't download content that it thinks is malicious, which is why I questioned if the account that was sending the mail had been hacked
Jean, l don’t know if they were hacked?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-08-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Be very cautious if there appears to be no script. It is possible to compose in white and write a code that could attack without notice. ​I got caught like that many years ago and wondered what my security was banging on about until it was almost too late.

If in doubt run your mouse over it to see if anything is highlighted in blue.
LongDriver that sounds scary. I don’t have a mouse with my iPad, just my middle finger!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2020, 06:14 PM

Art, stop me if this sounds daft, but, have you asked the person who sent the messages if they either did something or know what happened?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top