Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 03:50 PM

How Do I Blow My Nose When Wearing A Mask

With Autumn/Winter approaching and the probability of catching a cold (even flu), I was wondering how I was going to blow (clear) my nose while wearing a mask .....

Rolling it up or down or hanging it off one ear are no-nos, as is even touching it without washing hands before and after removing, securing and replacing .....

Any ideas .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 03:53 PM

Re: How Do I Blow My Nose When Wearing A Mask

Always carry a bottle of sanitiser with you when you go out, it's there to use when you need it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 03:56 PM

....... also put some disposable gloves in your pocket to put on when you need to remove your mask to blow your nose.
Bin the gloves after and use your sanitiser to replace your mask.

Easy!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
With Autumn/Winter approaching and the probability of catching a cold (even flu), I was wondering how I was going to blow (clear) my nose while wearing a mask .....

Rolling it up or down or hanging it off one ear are no-nos, as is even touching it without washing hands before and after removing, securing and replacing .....

Any ideas .....
Don't they always say ... Catch it, Bin it ...
Blow your nose with your mask (preferably with mask in place but could get messy) .. then fold it up and bin it, clean hands with sanitiser and put on new mask.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Simple. You don't have to wear it when you're not in a shop, so blow your nose before you go in.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 04:38 PM

If you are masked up, and socially distancing, logic would say you should not get a cold or flu.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

05-09-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Blow your nose with your mask (preferably with mask in place but could get messy) .. then fold it up and bin it, clean hands with sanitiser and put on new mask.
That’s it in a nutshell Morty, ‘Catch it, Bin it’ ! 👍
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Always carry a bottle of sanitiser with you when you go out, it's there to use when you need it.
Originally Posted by Mags ->
....... also put some disposable gloves in your pocket to put on when you need to remove your mask to blow your nose.
Bin the gloves after and use your sanitiser to replace your mask.

Easy!
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That's more or less what I've been doing, now prices of sanitiser have returned to normal .....

Except

a) I don't wear gloves but always carry hand sanitiser

b) I wear resusable masks - washed every time and sanitised (I always carry a spare in a plastic bag)

c) I don't bin anything - that's just leaving possible contagion for others - I carry plastic bags and take "contaminated" material home for disposal/washing/sanitising

It's almost like nappy-changing .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-09-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Simple. You don't have to wear it when you're not in a shop, so blow your nose before you go in.
There are so many unhygienic people everywhere that I wear a mask any time that I may come into contact with strangers .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-09-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If you are masked up, and socially distancing, logic would say you should not get a cold or flu.
But if others are NOT masked up and NOT social distancing then I am at risk .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top