Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 01:10 PM

Re: Coronavirus: 'Covidiots' criticised on Tui quarantine flight

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I just knew you would come up with summat Todgy !!
Surely your bucket anology would be hydraulics NOT aiero dynamics
would'nt it ??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Hopefully not the aircraft hydraulics!

No, I was using a water analogy to illustrate how cabin air is changed. What is deliberately discharged is replaced by fresh such that within every couple of minutes the whole cabin air has been replaced with fresh all through the flight.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What before or after ??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Sometimes during!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No, not replaced by the same air, replaced by bleed off air. Think of a bucket with a hole in it and a tap. As some water leaks from the bucket so it is replaced by the water from the tap.

Setting aside hydrodynamics within the bucket it means that after a period of time all of the water in the bucket will have been replaced - and this is analogous with what happens with cabin air.

(TAT wanders off absent mindedly singing "there's an 'ole in my bucket" to himself as he kicks a passing moggie)

ETA --- The biggest factor in cabin air quality is the inflow of fresh air. Aviation regulatory authorities such as the Federal Aviation Administration and European Aviation Safety Agency require a minimum rate of 0.55 pounds per minute outside fresh air flow per occupant. In a large commercial passenger aircraft, that means a typical environmental control system may replace the air occupying the cabin every 2 to 3 minutes –20 to 30 times per hour. By comparison, the general guidance on fresh air inflow for buildings is only 4 changes per hour
Despite all of this, all you are doing is agreeing with the source I quoted earlier:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...%20compartment.

I'm still awaiting some independent evidence to support your statement:
"The air on all pressurised aircraft has been totally replaced after every typically two minutes."

But of course I realise now that you cannot provide any!
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Because the air at high altitudes is too thin to meet human oxygen needs, engine bleed air is used to provide *appropriate cabin pressurization as well as air onditioning. After leaving the engine and passing through th air-conditioning pack, where it is cooled, this bleed air is combined with recirculated cabin air before it enters the cabin.

ooops....someone already posted the same. sorry
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

04-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Despite all of this, all you are doing is agreeing with the source I quoted earlier:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...%20compartment.

I'm still awaiting some independent evidence to support your statement:
"The air on all pressurised aircraft has been totally replaced after every typically two minutes."

But of course I realise now that you cannot provide any!
Well I've pointed out the relevant performance spec that must be met in order for the aircraft to be certified fit to fly ---
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Because the air at high altitudes is too thin to meet human oxygen needs, engine bleed air is used to provide *appropriate cabin pressurization as well as air onditioning. After leaving the engine and passing through th air-conditioning pack, where it is cooled, this bleed air is combined with recirculated cabin air before it enters the cabin.
Try telling that to Todger.

He thinks he knows better but can't prove it!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

04-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Try telling that to Todger.

He thinks he knows better but can't prove it!
Well having copied and made reference to the design requirements for an aircraft to receive airworthiness certification I'm not aware of what further proof you want.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-09-2020, 04:32 PM

Well having copied and made reference to the design requirements for an aircraft to receive airworthiness certification I'm not aware of what further proof you want.
Where is it?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

04-09-2020, 04:41 PM

Where is it?
Just look back a few posts.

Post #99 actually.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-09-2020, 04:52 PM

Just look back a few posts.

Post #99 actually.
You mean that garbage that you wrote yourself?

You call that independent evidence?

Here's a bit of 'independent evidence' from me:

"NASA has discovered an alien spaceship on the surface of the moon".

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top