Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 09:54 PM

Re: Coronavirus: 'Covidiots' criticised on Tui quarantine flight

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Maybe the Pilot and Co-Pilot have their own Airspace.
I think they were on autopilot Spitty !!

Donkeyman! 😁😁
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 09:58 PM

Even Pilots need a breath of fresh air
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 10:57 PM

You're all missing the point that covid is a conspiracy created by the extinction rebellion against the use of aircraft.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:20 PM

I haven't followed all of this thread, but it occurs to me to ask "What is the point of face masks on an airliner?"
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:24 PM

Travellers from Zante to Wales told to self-isolate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53984808

Wales' Health Minister Vaughan Gething said there are six clusters of cases, amounting to 30 infections, linked to flights from the Greek island.

TUI is also stopping trips to the island's party resort of Laganas as social distancing is being ignored.

Passengers arriving on a TUI flight from Zante to Cardiff on Tuesday night received a letter asking them to self-isolate before leaving the airport. They will also be offered two Covid tests - one in 48 hours and another in eight days

Travellers from Wales who arrive from other UK airports from the island - for example, someone from Cardiff who arrives at Bristol Airport - on Tuesday and Wednesday are being asked to arrange tests when they arrive home, and again in eight days. They are being told to self-isolate as well.

Meanwhile the Scottish government has announced that all people arriving from Greece will be asked to quarantine themselves for 14 days from Thursday.
It ain't over until the fat lady sings .....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 07:55 AM

I thought Greece was supposed to be a shining example of how to deal with Covid having such low infection figures....personally I wouldn't trust any of the stats coming from holiday destinations. I wouldn't fly right now either.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I haven't followed all of this thread, but it occurs to me to ask "What is the point of face masks on an airliner?"
Mostly that they provide a degree of protection of others from the user of the mask breathing out contaminated moisture.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Mostly that they provide a degree of protection of others from the user of the mask breathing out contaminated moisture.
So all of the breathable air on airliners isn't continually recirculated throughout the whole aircraft then?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So all of the breathable air on airliners isn't continually recirculated throughout the whole aircraft then?
No, quite a high %age is continually dumped and replaced with bleed off air from the compressor stage of the engines.

In fact the whole lot is replaced every couple of minutes. It used to be even more frequently before smoking on planes was banned.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-09-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No, quite a high %age is continually dumped and replaced with bleed off air from the compressor stage of the engines.

In fact the whole lot is replaced every couple of minutes. It used to be even more frequently before smoking on planes was banned.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...article/195131

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top