Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 03:36 PM

Re: A REAL Reason to Avoid a Smart Meter

A lot of folks now work in Data driven environments, it is in their interest to propagate it, and promote it, one would not expect otherwise, bit like the Miners of old, they new they might get Black Lung, but the industry was their bread and butter, see, its the same as todays folks accepting Data in any situation as Ok.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Actually, anyone can easily bypass a simple electrical meter. It doesn't require anything like that degree sophistication.
They would not be able to do that from.a basement in Kiev in the past. Of course these days we have our power companies relying on Wifi etc. It all seems a great idea until it becomes too complex for head scratchers in the future. A bit like financial instruments that caused the 2008 crash.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They would not be able to do that from.a basement in Kiev in the past. Of course these days we have our power companies relying on Wifi etc. It all seems a great idea until it becomes too complex for head scratchers in the future. A bit like financial instruments that caused the 2008 crash.
The 2008 crash in the UK was 100% down to Brown.

That aside I'll not have a so-called smart meter until I have absolutely no option.

As for not fiddling an electricity meter in Kiev - why do you think that?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 05:54 PM

Data protection laws mean that agencies who own that data cannot share it with others. That's why they take your details in the restaurant/pub.
Oh come on, do you really believes anyone gives a toss about that other than ensure that they don't get caught!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

07-09-2020, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I wouldn't have a smart meter as I know I can't lower my consumption of energy any further.
We have to remember that everything we buy with a debit or credit card or on line is recorded anyway. Especially now we appear to have unwittingly become a cashless society.
I don't understand why they ask for your details in restaurants etc. for contact tracing, as soon as you use a card for payment or loyalty cards, they know who you are, what you bought and where you come from. Cameras in carparks record your reg. numbers too, there's no hiding!
Wanna go off grid with your debit card? Simple. Obtain a preloaded card from an offshore administration and have it loaded where the card was obtained. There are outfits that DO that!

You then have a laundered card that is untraceable back to you if you have a preloaded card from a bank such as the Bank Hapoalim.

Trouble is you guys let laws get in the way of what you want to do!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:04 PM

Many of the countries I've visited (around thirty) have simple supplies. This is usually a single phase supply. The more sophisticated stuff is usually inside
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I haven't tried it but................
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 06:19 PM

The 2008 crash in the UK was 100% down to Brown.

That aside I'll not have a so-called smart meter until I have absolutely no option.

Did I mention the Uk?

Substitute kiev with the outer hebrides if kiev is too close to your cultural heart.

Why don't you want a smart meter?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

07-09-2020, 06:29 PM

Did I mention the Uk?

Substitute kiev with the outer hebrides if kiev is too close to your cultural heart.

Why don't you want a smart meter?
Not particularly relevant if it didn't relate to the UK in this case.

Outer Hebrides and bypass a meter? Simples. It REALLY would be simple even if there was a single point earthing plan employed.

Why no smart meter? Apart from anything else I'm not suffering from an institutionalised personality.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-09-2020, 06:45 PM

Not particularly relevant if it didn't relate to the UK in this case.

Outer Hebrides and bypass a meter? Simples. It REALLY would be simple even if there was a single point earthing plan employed.

Why no smart meter? Apart from anything else I'm not suffering from an institutionalised personality.
Financial instruments are relevant as an example of systems people create and then lose control and understanding of.

You cannot get remote control of an analogue system in the same way as you can wifi cloud based tech. You'd need to be geographically proximate.

Why do you see smart meters as institutionalising?

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top