Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 02:02 PM

Some surprise that was!

The look of surprise on these youngsters' faces is worth seeing, that surprise is something they will never forget! The video apparently went viral, which is not quite such a surprise!

"It began with a game of lockdown rooftop tennis between two Italian youngsters and ended with global fame and a surprise visit from their idol Roger Federer.

When 13-year-old Vittoria and Carola, 11, found they could not visit their local courts this year because of the coronavirus pandemic they opted for the next best thing and started playing tennis between two rooftops in their home town of Finale Ligure in northern Italy."

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/new...uring-lockdown
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 05:33 PM

Re: Some surprise that was!

What a lovely surprise for the girls, they must have been so excited.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 05:40 PM

Aww thats lovely I love it when celebrities do things like that.. the girls will remember that for the rest of their lives
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a lovely surprise for the girls, they must have been so excited.
Yes, they were very inventive in the first place playing tennis between two rooftops. The look on their faces though was just something else, that surprise will be with them forever I would think!

My thought though also was that it's so good to see happy faces in these dismal times!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 06:14 PM

How wonderfully kind of him , and just great for those girls,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, they were very inventive in the first place playing tennis between two rooftops. The look on their faces though was just something else, that surprise will be with them forever I would think!

My thought though also was that it's so good to see happy faces in these dismal times!
The face of the older girl was a picture ..... that is the true meaning of "gobsmacked"!

I would be interested to know how many tennis balls they lost from the roof tops.
Baz46

04-08-2020, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The face of the older girl was a picture ..... that is the true meaning of "gobsmacked"!

I would be interested to know how many tennis balls they lost from the roof tops.
Yes, I thought that too, the true meaning!

Luckily it was tennis and not cricket they were playing!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 09:06 PM

I've always thought Federer was a good sportsman, and not just with his tennis.....Hats off to the bloke.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top